Page 1 of 1
Axelmusic - good supplier?
Posted: 23 Jul 2007, 20:58
by brooce-leroy
Hi guys,
As above really. I think a few here have used them before. I'm thinking of switching to these for my dvds, as cdwow have gone (seemingly) to pot. An added bonus is that they now accept paypal (which I have a bit of to spend).
Anything bad about them? I think they changed their delivery charge not so long ago or something. Also, they are based in Europe so that means no customs. Am I right?
Thanks.

Posted: 23 Jul 2007, 23:20
by saltysam
Axelmusic are excellent,use them a fair bit,not the cheapest but guaranteed no customs.once item is shipped arrives between 5-7 days later.they recently started charging for shipping,it's about a £1 for a dvd,more for box sets etc..
Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 09:43
by brooce-leroy
Thanks salty. I see they are also well regarded on dvdforums.

Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 17:04
by romerojpg
If your willing to pay that bit more I guess its ok, but I wouldnt use them as really you can get pretty much everything far cheaper elsewhere.
I would rather save the cash and buy another dvd with the cash saved rather than maybe get them a week early, basically your paying cash to get them a little earlier, in some cases a lot more.
So many other places cheaper and as reliable.
Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 17:54
by saltysam
name these many suppliers then,there's dvdpacific who else?
Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 18:23
by romerojpg
Depends on the title your after, I use so many supliers and never just one, whoever is the cheapest gets my cash simple as that.
Its not hard to list a list of them, you make it sound like you cannot think of any.
Just in the last month I have used for new and old Region 1 dvds
Ebay
Amazon markets
Amazon.com
deepdiscountdvd.com
Yesasia (work out good when you use 10-12% Quidco cash off)
even Movietyme are ok if you see a cheapish title, some TV shows esspecially are OK price (not much else mind you) HD titles are fine mind you.
Hell even many forums have brand new sealed new dvds cheaper than Axel at times
Theres shitloads more companies I use, but only once in a while, as long as they get me my cheap dvds I dont care who I use. Anyone who sticks with one company, well your wasting cash I say. I look about for THE cheapest price for every single dvd I buy, many others dont and throw cash down the drain.
But CDWOW are still online, so hopes still there for people

Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 18:43
by saltysam
i really couldn't be arsed searching all those companies to save a few pennies

as most of my purchases these days are of the hd-dvd/blu-ray variety there really isn't much difference in price between movietyme/dvdpacific/axelmusic. and axelmusic unlike the others take paypal,which is always handy

Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 18:55
by romerojpg
Thats the thing its not pennies, its pounds, many pounds sometimes and it takes me very little time nowadays to look, as I seem to now have the hang of it
but like you I am stopping buying standard dvds (new ones anyway) I just look for great special offers mainly now, cheap ones.
But yes I am seeing HD isnt much differnece yet, I bought my first 2 HD DVD's the other day from Yesasia with vouchers + Quidco cashback

in the end they worked out just about the cheapest I could have got them for I think.
Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 19:22
by grim_tales
How does Quidco work?
I haven't used Amazon.com for ages, they seem too expensive IMO
Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 19:30
by romerojpg
Quidco, basically you go to websites thru the Quidco site links and you get cash put into your Quidco account, once you have loads you transfer it to your bank or Paypal

its not BIG money, but its cash you would never get before, its basically what most websites do with affiliates, you click their logo and that website gets a % of the purchase
I have made £7 in July so far, which I would never have had if I had not joined Quidco
Amazon.com are expesive, for some titles they are cheap, esspecially for mis-priced dvds

Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 15:01
by bradavon
Yes very good. I've used them a few times and have always found them excellent. I once bought Spirited Away R4 (dreadful NTSC-PAL transfer) from them and when it didn't arrive they refunded me, then offered to send me the R1 for free.
The R1 arrived and then so did the R4, as they were being so great I sent the R4 back.
The guy who runs Axel Music is really great. It's a pity they're now a wee bit more expensive with their added postage costs but I understand they had to add them as they were losing money.
Posted: 01 Sep 2007, 19:29
by saltysam
thought these always charged on despatch? they've taken the money for Evil Dead 2/Day of the Dead blu-rays & Deliverance hd-dvd,none of which are out yet
