Page 1 of 1
Ghibli sale over at Play.com
Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 12:52
by Yi-Long
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/6-/Campaign ... id=8719835
Lots of classics for only 6 bucks a pop.
Too bad it isnt in the 3 for 15 action, but 6 pounds is a nice price anyway...
Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 13:20
by EvaUnit02
Too bad most of it is NTSC-PAL shit.
Howl's Moving Castle, Only Yesterday, Whispers of the Heart and My Neighbour Totoro are native-PAL AFAIK.
The Castle Of Cagliostro has dubtitles.
Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 13:38
by Yi-Long
I was thinking of picking up Only Yesterday and Kiki... and maybe Pom Poko.
TBH, I dont really notice NTSC-PAL shit. Maybe I'm blind, or maybe my xbox just handles it well... but Nausicaa and Laputa looked good on my tv.
Totoro I already have the HK dvd.
So i'll only upgrade the movies I have when we they get available on a HD format...
Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 21:25
by Lourdes
Thanks for the heads up, ordered : Whisper Of The Heart. If I don't like it someone in the family will.
Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 23:13
by Yi-Long
Personally I quite like Whisper of the Heart. It's an anime which could just as well have been a 'normal' movie, with real actors. I love the backgrounds, and the characters are nice as well.
Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 00:05
by EvaUnit02
Yi-Long wrote:Personally I quite like Whisper of the Heart. It's an anime which could just as well have been a 'normal' movie, with real actors. I love the backgrounds, and the characters are nice as well.
Yeah, Takahata seems to be the more "slice of life" director, while Miyazaki prefers full-blown fantasy.
I'd like to know what Hayao was smoking when he named one of his movies "The Whore: Castle in the Sky".

Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 00:16
by Yi-Long
How did they name that movie in Spain btw?
"Mommy? Can we buy 'Whore's castle in the sky' please?"
Supposedly there's a 45 minute making off documentary on the Only yesterday disc, where we see Miyazaki and Takahata together, and it seems like Miyazaki is moaning that Takahata isnt rushed as much as he is, by the bosses.
I havent seen it myself, but read it today in a review of the disc. Gonna order it

Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 00:28
by EvaUnit02
Yi-Long wrote:How did they name that movie in Spain btw?
See for yourself:-
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0092067/
Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 00:31
by Yi-Long
Aw... just Castle in the Sky. Left out the whole 'whore' part. Probably for the best.
