Page 1 of 1

Another decent supplier calls in the administrators...

Posted: 21 Aug 2007, 20:17
by saltysam
this time it's choicesuk, story here http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/21082007/325/dv ... ators.html

bad year for suppliers, music zone then fopp go bust,cd-wow in trouble now this...

Posted: 21 Aug 2007, 20:19
by romerojpg
I know it shocked me as I use them all the time! as do many others. Very odd one this.

Was just about to make a large order for a friend, about £120 quids worth, guess not now :(

Posted: 21 Aug 2007, 20:28
by degeneration
So what does this mean for people who have outstanding orders with them?

Got something that is due to be posted on 24th... Am I still likely to get it? Cause I notice the website is still up and running...

Posted: 21 Aug 2007, 20:35
by saltysam
they are still trading at the moment.

Posted: 22 Aug 2007, 03:01
by bradavon
I'm not too bothered about Choices as mostly they were expensive anyway. Still sad though. I guess it just shows how cut-throat CD and DVD sales have become.

It was Music Zone that caused Fopp to go bust, they took to much on.

Really I'd only be annoyed if the following go:

* CD WOW (they've not gone yet)
* Play
* DVD Pacific
* Sendit
* DVD.co.uk - I could live without these

I buy pretty much all my DVDs from CD WOW and DVD Pacific, then Play. I buy all CDs from CD WOW.

Posted: 22 Aug 2007, 08:36
by degeneration
I found Choices to be a really good and quite cheap retailer. Maybe most of their cheap stuff that I found was their sales.

But just now all red dwarf seasons for £7.99 each - that's good!!