The Bill Cancelled -- Only in Scotland!

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

The Bill Cancelled -- Only in Scotland!

Post by Markgway »

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottis ... -BILL.html

Stupid STV arseholes. Just another brick in their nationalist wall. This country gets more and more parochial by the week and the SNP is leading the way. This follows STV's refusal to screen LEWIS and KINGDOM in favour of more relevant Scottish programming. Relevant to whom? Not me. These clowns want to turn Scotland into a shortbread tin. This is the most insidious way of trying to seperate Scotland and England. Start with small cultural things... and then aim higher.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That's crazy. Not saying you're wrong Mark, I mean its a silly decision. Aren't STV showing the last series of KINGDOM?
I heard THE BILL's theme tune was being changed when it's shown over here - not that it was being axed.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Aren't STV showing the last series of KINGDOM?
No.
I heard THE BILL's theme tune was being changed when it's shown over here - not that it was being axed.
The show is being revamped in November. Will be grittier and more mature apparently. Moving to 9pm slot. One episode per week instead of two. Change of theme tune also as you said. Finishes in Scotland next week I think. From then it'll only be screened in England and Wales. Luckily via cable we have access to ITV London. Up here they'll probably show something more relevant like caber tossing...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Bill Cancelled -- Only in Scotland!

Post by saltysam »

It's now been cancelled altogether :mad: My wife is furious,it's her favourite programme,from my point of view i've never been a regular viewer but i've always liked the fact it's a show you could drop in and watch anytime and not need to worry about previous episodes you've missed etc.have to say i think the move to the once a week hourly format was a mistake,the 2 nights a week format was better. ITV are arseholes.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

They're cancelling the Bill? What! It's so much better, now it's grittier and an hour long. Although it is super dumb how it always works out well in the end. I doubt the viewing figures are that high though. Most people seem to hate it.

It sure is miles better than it used to be, it was silly back then. When is it going?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Finishes in the Autumn.

I reckon ITV messed about with the format (and time slots) so much it's alienated viewers.

It's not a great show - but I'll miss it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:I reckon ITV messed about with the format (and time slots) so much it's alienated viewers.
Definitely. Like they have for Film 200x.