The Wire - HBO

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

The Wire - HBO

Post by thelostdragon »

Anybody else watching this brilliant show? I just finished season 3. Damn, one of the most intelligent and best writing I came across on a TV show. The actors are phenomenal!
I like how they let the viewer decide what kinds of emotions to feel when watching the show since they don't play any kind of music when something happens. For example, someone dies who has been on the show since the very beginning, he is just gone. That's it! No dramatic music or sad flashbacks or similar things suggesting the audience how they are supposed to feel.

I love how watching every single season so far feels like reading a well-written novel.

Season 1 - 4.5/5
Season 2 - 3.5/5
Season 3 - 5/5
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Wire - HBO

Post by grim_tales »

I started watching S1 of that show recently and it's very good, I agree the acting is first rate. What's clever is sometimes people are not obviously good or bad on both sides, but kinda shades of grey (IMO) but I've only seen the very start.
You really need to pay attention to whats being said :D
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Re: The Wire - HBO

Post by degeneration »

I've watched it all and while I thought it was good, I didn't think it was that good.

i've watched other shows where I literally couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I never felt like that at any point in the Wire.

It's a show I liked but have no intention of watching again.

They started to go more sex n boobs in season 2, but then stopped. No more boobs after that. Gutted.

Overall for me 3-3.5/5.