Wu Xia (aka Dragon) Donnie Yen DVD question

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Wu Xia (aka Dragon) Donnie Yen DVD question

Post by grim_tales »

Is there a good quality uncut DVD available? The BD is seemingly out of print and I recieved a DVD what I thought would have similar specs to the HK Blu Ray, the quality is rubbish and it only seems to contain the Mandarin soundtrack :(
There's also a watermark which appears on the print for a few minutes!
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Wu Xia (aka Dragon) Donnie Yen DVD question

Post by HungFist »

Isn't Mandarin the original language, though?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I didn't know that, if it was - sorry! Thanks Hung :)
The DVD seems poor quality sadly - wasn't expecting the watermark - weird. On the back of the box, it states it's made by 'Bonzai Media Corporation' rather than Mega Star or Media Asia
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

grim_tales wrote: 24 May 2024, 17:27 'Bonzai Media Corporation'
Is that the same bootleg label that was putting out Shaw Bros bootlegs 20 years ago? :lol: I'm sure there was a bootlegger called something like that.

Sorry I'm not being of much help. I did a quick search, but couldn't really find anything in print (not helped by this being called "Dragon" in the Western markets. It's like "Kill" or "Samurai". Search engines struggle to find the correct film when there are 9000 other movies with the same word in their title...)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Hung :) I didn't think Ebay would be selling bootlegs but it feels like one to me TBH :?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Ebay has always been the Western world's biggest platform for bootlegs. You have to be extremely careful when shopping there.

The Shawscope box sets manufactured at a Chinese pirate factory being a good recent example. Plenty can be found on eBay and people have reported those multiple times but eBay insists they are not in violation of their rules.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I would have thought at least the movie could have been put on a DVD-9 at least instead of DVD-5. There's no copyright warning at the beginning, just a static menu. Might be OK for an HK DVD from 1998, but doesn't feel official to me for a 2011 production, in 2024