Microsoft bids $44.6 billion for Yahoo
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Yahoo rejects the bid
http://news.filefront.com/yahoo-to-reje ... on-monday/
http://news.filefront.com/yahoo-to-reje ... on-monday/
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I bet MS will get them eventually. MS don't often fail when they want something and lets face it Yahoo needs MS as much as MS needs Yahoo.
I think this will be a good thing, giving us an alternative to Google, which is fine but competition should lead to better products.
I just hope MS don't kill off Yahoo Mail as Hotmail sucks. I much prefer the Yahoo Mail interface but crucially it offers a POP3 Server which is a must have for me. Hotmail's sync capabilities are just woeful and not only lock you into MS products but are dreadful anyway. A standard POP3 server is much more efficient. I'm sure MS don't offer a POP3 server deliberately.
I think this will be a good thing, giving us an alternative to Google, which is fine but competition should lead to better products.
I just hope MS don't kill off Yahoo Mail as Hotmail sucks. I much prefer the Yahoo Mail interface but crucially it offers a POP3 Server which is a must have for me. Hotmail's sync capabilities are just woeful and not only lock you into MS products but are dreadful anyway. A standard POP3 server is much more efficient. I'm sure MS don't offer a POP3 server deliberately.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Thanks.
I saw on the News AOL are now talking to Yahoo. Surely Yahoo realise Microsoft will take the company in better directions than AOL can manage, unless they're just against a Micosoft buy out.
It will be better for the consumer, than AOL anyway. It will make Microsoft a much stronger player. I think Yahoo is number 2 next to Google in the Search Engine business. We all know how lacklustre MSN and Windows Live search engines are.
I saw on the News AOL are now talking to Yahoo. Surely Yahoo realise Microsoft will take the company in better directions than AOL can manage, unless they're just against a Micosoft buy out.
It will be better for the consumer, than AOL anyway. It will make Microsoft a much stronger player. I think Yahoo is number 2 next to Google in the Search Engine business. We all know how lacklustre MSN and Windows Live search engines are.