i had them all anyway with the exception of Casino which i wasn't mad on. i picked up a copy of Hot Fuzz,the plan being i'd sell the combo but i had a rethink and have listed the sealed copy on ebay.it's still going for over a tenner there at least.i'll return there saturday and see if he's got anything else,may give Casino another try.bradavon wrote:Sweet. Did you pick any up? Hot Fuzz is particularly good.
The General HD Releases Thread!
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
lol a hd-dvd title is no 1 in the usa hi-def charts
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... Chart/1526
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... Chart/1526
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Really? no #2, the oscar-winning Michael Clayton was released the same day as American Gangster. add the fact that American Gangster as a combo is more expensive and hi-def-digest clearly think it's surprising i'll beg to differ with youbradavon wrote:That isn't too surprising, it was a new release when all the others are older.
Last edited by saltysam on 02 Mar 2008, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Combos aren't that much more expensive to put Yanks off who wouldn't import the cheaper international HD-DVD.saltysam wrote:add the fact that American Gangster as a combo is more expensive
I'm thinking the same. I hear it's a solid Hollywood thriller but I tend to find those formulaic nowadays.saltysam wrote:anyone seen michael clayton?looks boring as hell to me.
The HD-DVD is £6 delivered, they only have one left in stock though:EvaUnit02 wrote:Morons, is the Region A release of The Rundown uncut at least?
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4380
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Eastern Promises UK BD is Region B, it's a Pathe Fox disc so not exactly surprising:
http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b
Pity though, as the USA disc is a Universal HD-DVD Combo.
http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b
Pity though, as the USA disc is a Universal HD-DVD Combo.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
LOL, what made you think that I'd be interested in buying a movie starring The Rock and Stiffler?bradavon wrote:The HD-DVD is £6 delivered, they only have one left in stock though:EvaUnit02 wrote:Morons, is the Region A release of The Rundown uncut at least?
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4380
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I thought it was supposed to be a decent action flick. I caught a few minutes of it on TV and it looked shit, especially as like you say the Stiffler as an action hero? The Rock as an action hero? It could do it but so far hasn't bothered.
It was also generally directed at anyone who might be interested.
It was also generally directed at anyone who might be interested.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Salty what's the PQ like? Is it worth upgrading?saltysam wrote:My Jap Predator BD arrived today. will probably give it a watch early next week.
I am reluctant to pick it up due to the barebones status. I'd be happy enough if it had some of the 2 Disc SE extras but to get none is a cheek. Even Speed got the commentaries, which is otherwise barebones. I'll pick that one up.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Predator is comfortably superior to the dvd but isn't as good as it should be imo. the openinf scenes are the worst i've seen on blu-ray but i think that's inherent of the original film stock.things improve dramatically when they arrive in the jungle. i paid £21 at yesasia but i used spare paypal funds,the lack of extras and the less than stellar pq i'd recommend waiting till this is in a BOGOF or a tenner.
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Thanks Salty.
The USA RA is due the same date as the UK RB.
I was concerned it would be like Terminator whereby it's basically a good looking DVD but it sounds like an improvement. Terminator is only single layer though and does use MPEG2/PCM so the bitrate is probably really low. Predator is probably dual layer but crucially is in AVC anyway (at least I think it is).
It sounds like I should wait until it's cheap.
The USA RA is due the same date as the UK RB.
I was concerned it would be like Terminator whereby it's basically a good looking DVD but it sounds like an improvement. Terminator is only single layer though and does use MPEG2/PCM so the bitrate is probably really low. Predator is probably dual layer but crucially is in AVC anyway (at least I think it is).
It sounds like I should wait until it's cheap.
Last edited by bradavon on 08 Mar 2008, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Is there any news if the Reservoir Dogs Dutch BD is Region Free?
The Lionsgate USA BD is Region A. I know it has the same MPEG2 encode as the HD-DVD. I bet the Dutch BD is a BD25 too, the USA BD is (which is also MPEG2). I ask as the Dutch BD/HD-DVD has much more extras to the USA BD:
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=10677
I'd also prefer buying a Region Free disc anyway.
The Lionsgate USA BD is Region A. I know it has the same MPEG2 encode as the HD-DVD. I bet the Dutch BD is a BD25 too, the USA BD is (which is also MPEG2). I ask as the Dutch BD/HD-DVD has much more extras to the USA BD:
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=10677
I'd also prefer buying a Region Free disc anyway.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
@ Salty/Gasteropod:saltysam wrote:on a seperate note got the uk Run Lola Run BD the other day so will try and watch it this week.
Does your Run Lola Run have German TrueHD and/or German DD5.1?
It's supposed to be German TrueHD and English TrueHD (plus some other dubs in DD5.1) but according to this USA review it's actually English TrueHD BUT German DD5.1:
http://avplay.avforums.com/index.php?sh ... eview=9236
He may have a review copy as all the press releases said German or English TrueHD but to be sure I'll pick up the UK BD.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
