Brad's Moderating Style!

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:Which was the way you should have been modding in the first place... and we have complained about more than we should have...
Come on Yi I'm trying to compromise here. Aren't you pleased about that at least?

I've already said I disagree over "it's how I should be doing it" but I'm still willing to compromise.
Yi-Long wrote:Maybe we wouldnt act 'childish' if you werent constantly talking down to us, acting all high and mighty!?
(Plus I dont think we are being childish. I think we have behaved pretty well, and now it's coming out cause we had enough...)
Just to clarify we're talking about 6 members out of about 20 active members, just so you realise the silent members are silent because they don't care either way.

You don't think you're ever high and mighty too? Seriously it works both ways.
Yi-Long wrote:Why should we rise above it, when you never do!?
I'm saying we all should :)
Yi-Long wrote:That's exactly why we dont need an overactive mod.
Didn't you mean we don't need a moderator at all ;), you moan no matter what moderation is done. I've yet to see you agree with a moderator, not once.
Yi-Long wrote:If this were a forum of 100+ active users, than it might be a different matter... but it's not.
I honestly think you'd still be as angry, but fair enough.

Seriously instead of just moaning a lot please try and be constructive. I've already agreed to pretty much what I thought you wanted anyway, no?
Last edited by bradavon on 11 Mar 2008, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:Going to bed, now.

I wonder how many members will be left when I return tomorrow.
Bah, no matter. it's all part of "Tom & 68Monkey's master plan".
Yi wrote:why would I wanna bother poor Tom!?
*cries* No-one wants to bother me. :oops:
I'm a mod too, damnit. Why can't I piss people off?
You're French: you piss lots of people off!

:P

Good night :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

bradavon wrote: Just to clarify we're talking about 6 members out of about 20 active members, just so you realise the silent members are silent because they don't care either way.
You're right about that. This evening is the first time when I even noticed this fight, because I stopped reading the guilty pleasures thread long before Brad did any moderating. That's because the thread was already way off topic and didn't offer anything interesting to me. These other nonsense threads I didn't even bother checking until today. A few offtopic coments is fine, but if it turns into a 20+ post conversation / fight it's better to split it into a topic of its own imo. That way the people who aren't interested don't have to keep the thread on eye for several days just to see if the conversation gets back on topic some day.

And what's with people crying over a few split threads in the first place. Big fucking deal? Brad didn't delete anyone's posts, did he?
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

tom2681 wrote:I'll soon add myself to that list, if things keep going this way...
Pssst, Tom! Our master plan is working! ;)
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

I can't say I've had a problem with all the chopping and moving Brad's been doing lately. Yes it's annoying when he does it when threads go only temporarily off topic, but some of the times he did it the threads were threatening to never come back. I think he just needed to learn a little moderation and only step in when it was absolutely necessary (and you have to give the discussion lots of room to breathe before you can gauge this). Anyway, that's what his new "compromises" promises to do, so I have faith that should stop for now.

Oh, and the only time I can remember personally attacking brad's moderating decisions was when he closed that Lethal Weapon/BHC poll thread for no real good reason, only to open the bleedin' thing a few days later. That's not something you ought to repeat; if you think a member of the boards is starting a thread/poll to wind you up, just post your grievances and warn him that if it does descend into personal abuse, you'll step in. This IS a Film discussion forum afterall, and its only natural that debates over film tastes will arise and some light mocking may occur. As a mod you have to be doubly prepared to rise above this.
bradavon wrote:How about that? In return I ask:

1. All this childish bitching stops! (including Shingster, especially)
2. If you dislike something I say which is connected to me not my moderating you rise above it! (including Shingster, especially)
And once again I'm reminded that no matter how reasonable he sounds, this is still bradavon here, and he will always try to point the finger elsewhere before admitting his own faults.

Yes my bitching about you lately has become totally childish, and I will apologise for that. But you've been randomly bitching and pedantically goading almost every "major" member of these boards for weeks now. I can say I will try my best to knock it on the head from my end - because there's only one person on these boards I have a problem with - but you Brad have got to say the same about your own attitude towards other members of these boards.

You've got to go through a big change, and you've got to try and stick with it, or else we'll all be back to square one bitching at each other within a few weeks.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I got a Brad PM! :D

I have nothing to add though.... :|
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

@ Shingster: Thank you for the constructive reply. I'm not trying to be sarcastic I do honestly appreciate it.
Shingster wrote:But you've been randomly bitching and pedantically goading almost every "major" member of these boards for weeks now.
Have I? Seriously? If so I apologise too. I recall having cheap jabs if you will (the sort we all do) but don't think it's as strong as you allude too but I'll take what you say seriously and think about it.

I meant my comments to include me just as much as everyone else :)
Shingster wrote:Oh, and the only time I can remember personally attacking brad's moderating decisions was when he closed that Lethal Weapon/BHC poll thread for no real good reason, only to open the bleedin' thing a few days later.
Fair point. It was probably a mistake to lock that. That is why I ended up opening it again.
HungFist wrote:Brad didn't delete anyone's posts, did he?
In the 4 years I've been a moderator: twice. I never have and don't plan to make a habit of it.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

No Brad PM for me. Do you have to have a cock to get private attention from brad around here? :o

But seriously, some restraint, please. Less is more.

My irritation actually has nothing to do with brad's moderating, either. It's that every time I swing by BnB, nearly every forum has the last comment made by bradavon, and far too often, those comments are simply :D , or worse, a quote that's been split into multiple parts with a separate :D for each part. I swear, I fully expect to come by one day and see that brad has started commenting on his own comments.

There. Rant over.

Use some restraint. Think twice. Post once. Or just don't post at all.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

bradavon wrote:
HungFist wrote:Brad didn't delete anyone's posts, did he?
In the 4 years I've been a moderator: twice. I never have and don't plan to make a habit of it.
You've been busy deleting your own since last night, but I guess those don't count.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

the68monkey wrote:No Brad PM for me. Do you have to have a cock to get private attention from brad around here? :o
I find it helps.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

the68monkey wrote:No Brad PM for me. Do you have to have a cock to get private attention from brad around here? :o
No cock, just a big gob :D . Seriously I didn't think you were that pissed off about it, that's all.
the68monkey wrote:It's that every time I swing by BnB, nearly every forum has the last comment made by bradavon, and far too often, those comments are simply :D , or worse, a quote that's been split into multiple parts with a separate :D for each part. I swear, I fully expect to come by one day and see that brad has started commenting on his own comments.
Sorry it irritates you but I don't know what I can do about that one.

I should be allowed to reply as often as I want, no? Just like any other member. It's not like I'm the only member to reply with just a :D
the68monkey wrote:You've been busy deleting your own since last night, but I guess those don't count.
No.

Don't tell me I am not allowed to delete my own posts now :D . Surely I should be allowed to do what I like with my own posts?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon wrote:Don't tell me I am not allowed to delete my own posts now :D . Surely I should be allowed to do what I like with my own posts?
No you shouldn't delete your own posts! It leaves other people's responses out of context, for a start.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

You have the privilige to delete your own posts. We can't. Well, except for the last one we made providing it is also the latest post in a thread.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

You can edit your posts instead.
Last edited by bradavon on 12 Mar 2008, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

You could as well. But you delete them for a simple reason. I'm not bitching, just noticing.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Speaking of threads being moved, shouldnt this one be in debate or feedback...!?

:D

(I'm kidding: dont move this)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Thread split off to allow the rather fun original to get back on topic.

Seeing as most members seem to agree with my compromise (directly or indirectly) I'll do as I suggested (myself included) and we'll go from there.

I'll add my compromise to the first post of this thread (I've amended it slightly to make it clearer). Please PM Tom or I if there's a problem. You'll likely to find a more favourable response that way, being serious not sarcastic.

Thanks, Brad.
Last edited by bradavon on 12 Mar 2008, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

For fuck's sake...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

the68monkey wrote:No Brad PM for me. Do you have to have a cock to get private attention from brad around here? :o
You have swore more in the last few days than in the many, many years I have read your posts.

Not being picky, or saying do not do it etc... just noticed :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-long/Lourdes:

Ironically you were the only two members who replied who disagreed. Hey ho you cannot win them all :D
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Brad, stop being such an intolerable twat.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Brad being a jerk again. PM them and don't try to ridicule them publicly.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:Brad being a jerk again. PM them and don't try to ridicule them publicly.
I kinda find it offensive that you even think Brad could 'ridicule' me...

As far as I'm concerned, the only one Brad is making a fool of, consistently, is Brad.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...