I've had enough of Brad! v.3

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:People are not leaving this board because of ME (not that I'm aware of), but because of Brad's attitude and behaviour.
They're leaving because of all of us, at least appreciate you're as central to this problem as anyone else and certainly the reason why people are leaving. It's rant threads such as this that solve nothing that are causing people to leave.

I'm not the one starting 3 threads (this is now th third) and continuing to argue about it, repeating myself. What you say today is identical to what you said yesterday and every other time the discussion arises. It this is constant discussion that is making people leave. You say it's recent yet we've been discussing this for 2-3 weeks now, you say you don't gold a grudge yet you're not willing to drop it.

All I've ever said was let it down die for awhile and if it's still an actual problem bring it up again because I keep saying I'm not willing to discuss it while everyone continues to insult me and rant.

No one has yet given me a chance to fix it. I said I'd moderate less but you don't even know if I am capable of doing this as it's just been assumed I won't be able to help myself.
Yi-Long wrote:Which he did to LD... and why LD got pissed off and turned his back on Brad. And rightly so.
Please LD has left more times than I care to remember. It doesn't mean a thing, other than he likes the attention it brings. He always returns. LD was as insulting to me, so don't tell me I was somehow being unfair.
Yi-Long wrote:But he's a mod and he's deleting and editing posts and closing threads and if he was RIGH, that wouldnt be an issue, but too often he's wrong. And he doesnt apologize for being wrong, which to me is always a huge no-no, especially when your actions affects others.
Please. You act like all I do is moderate and piss members off. I am well in my rights to edit my posts, like anyone else is and me not being a mod I could still continue to do so).

Delete posts. Do you actually know how many members posts I've deleted? I've deleted several of Mark's because he was being obnoxious, I've deleted several of yours as you were being obnoxious (disguising it inside a joke). So fuck off if you're saying all I do is delete members posts, because that is a complete fucking lie.

I'm wrong in your fucking opinion you ignorant fuck. If I'm wrong I apologise (try searching you'll see). I agreed I moderated too much (fucking weeks back).

So fucking what if I post a lot? I hadn't posted for a week you dumb fuck. At least I contribute to the forum. I'm done with being restrained and nice. I've put up with fucking weeks of abuse. You can go fuck yourself if you think I'm going to pay attention to you and Lourdes while you continue to insult me.

The trouble is Yi-long you only see things your way and insist on repeating yourself until someone may agree with you. Sorry I don't and neither do other members.
Yi-Long wrote:BTW Grim, NO-ONE EVERRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr has an argument with YOU. You're like a innocent little puppy that we wouldnt dare upset ;) So you not having been in an argument with Brad for 2 weeks doesnt really mean Brad is all that great... ;)
That maybe true but as a long standing member Grim's say holds as much weight as anyone else's on this forum you insulting fuck. You're so fucking patronising to Grim sometimes, just because you know he won't respond to it.

Just because you shout louder it doesn't mean your opinion is higher than anyone else's. Grim is clearly pissed off with all this ranting too and guess what he fucking blames you and Lourdes for not dropping it. Yeah you're so fucking innocent!
degeneration wrote:And in response to one of brad's comments about there being little to no activity when he was away recently - don't worry about that. If things are going to rekindle here, then they will do so themselves. You (nor anyone else) can FORCE it to be active without causing more harm in the process.
I was actually joking about that. That wasn't meant in a serious manner at all :D
degeneration wrote:I do also think that other people have been overly aggressive towards Brad as well though, and they do share some of the blame with what's happening.
Thank you. I've been trying to say this for weeks.

Everyone has gone off on the moral highground saying they're being perfect yet I've been called restarted twice, I've lost count of the amount of times I've been called stupid and a dumb fuck. I've had to endure 3 weeks of people slagging me off.

Lourdes does nothing now except post capture comparisons and slag me off, not just in this thread but every time I post. All you now do Yi is slag me off. You don't even contribute to this forum any more. At least I do that.

I personally treat long standing members with an extra level of respect. That doesn't mean I don't argue with them but when the argument is over it's done as far as I'm concerned. This however has been going on for 3 weeks now with no end in sight.
Lourdes wrote:He made it quite clear that he considers this to be his forum and wasn't going to be reasonable.
That's only something you genuinely believe. I've never said that so it's clearly a fragment of your imagination.
Lourdes wrote:Once I realised that I saw little point in civility, that and he gets right on my nerves.
Why? Because one of the first things I learnt as a kid was being polite and respectful to others gets you much further than being rude and insulting.

It obviously hasn't occurred to you that if you had tried being polite and rational about it you may have actually got what you want a long time ago.

Lastly:

Shen left - Because of all these rant threads, she continues to lurk btw.
68 Monkey - Stopped posting because it annoyed her how often I was posting. That's her problem and a very weak argument.
LD left - Well he gets all hot and bothered so often it's not exactly surprising.
Hungfist - Has no problem with me and evidently by his lack of contribution doesn't give a fuck.
Mark - May not find me enthralling but clearly doesn't care either.
Romero - May not find me enthralling but clearly doesn't care either.
Gojensen - Doesn't care either and only got invovled because he felt he had to.

You guys insist in keep saying everyone fucking hates me when in fact it is just Yi-Long and Lourdes who have managed to keep this alive. Sure they may not like me but that's a massive fucking jump from hating me.

You can fuck yourselves if you think I'm going to listen to your rants while you continue like you have been!

Why is it so much to ask to ask it's now dropped and let to rest for a couple of weeks to see if my moderating is still a problem?

I know I keep saying it but I really am done with this entire discussion. Rant between yourselves, it's clearly all you have interest in doing on this forum any more. Asian films? Fuck them, General films? Fuck them too. Let's just rant about Brad. That's fun!

Grim is spot on when he says it's just got petty and childish.
Last edited by bradavon on 26 Mar 2008, 13:04, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I havent really had an argument with Brad EVER, never mind the past 2 weeks ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:Bradavon Did you not read my last post? that's my point.if a member did it i'd expect a moderator to step in.How could you when you've done it yourself? would that not be classed as hypocritical?
Jeez I've apologised several times, what more do you want blood?

I am genuinely sorry for posting the PM. I don't know what more I can do.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: Jeez I've apologised several times, what more do you want blood?

I am genuinely sorry for posting the PM. I don't know what more I can do.
It's in the past now but at least shows your judgement to be flawed. you still haven't give a reason why you feel you should remain a mod. Falling on your sword and joining the ranks would be the best thing you could do.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:It's in the past now but at least shows your judgement to be flawed.
Come on, like your judgement has never been flawed.
saltysam wrote:you still haven't give a reason why you feel you should remain a mod.
I have, many times.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: Come on, like your judgement has never been flawed..
Last time i checked i wasn't a mod.

bradavon wrote:I have, many times.
where? most of the regular posters have either left or have no confidence in you. Show some pride in yourself and go.Clinging on in your bunker does you no favours at all.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote: Gojensen - Doesn't care either and only got invovled because he felt he had to.
Who did you really mean? That guy hasn't posted here since July 2007.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Eva:
Yes, Gojensen stopped posting when you said something along the lines of:
"Fuck off, you viking Sony fanboy".

But he's still an active lurker.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:People are not leaving this board because of ME (not that I'm aware of), but because of Brad's attitude and behaviour.
They're leaving because of all of us, at least appreciate you're as central to this problem as anyone else and certainly the reason why people are leaving. It's rant threads such as this that solve nothing that are causing people to leave.
Yet, pretty much everyone who does leaves, points to YOu as their reason for leaving. 2ndly, you ARE the reason for most arguments and for most people getting pissed off.
I'm not the one starting 3 threads (this is now th third) and continuing to argue about it, repeating myself.
No, you're the douchebag closing the first 2.
What you say today is identical to what you said yesterday and every other time the discussion arises. It this is constant discussion that is making people leave. You say it's recent yet we've been discussing this for 2-3 weeks now, you say you don't gold a grudge yet you're not willing to drop it.
Yeah, funny how we have to repeat ourself in order to get through your thick empty skull(!) Plus it's not like you always respond when we anser one of your questions... you hardly acknowledge our answers or opinions...
All I've ever said was let it down die for awhile and if it's still an actual problem bring it up again because I keep saying I'm not willing to discuss it while everyone continues to insult me and rant.

No one has yet given me a chance to fix it. I said I'd moderate less but you don't even know if I am capable of doing this as it's just been assumed I won't be able to help myself.
Yeah, funny how we dont trust the mod who's deleting and editing posts....
Yi-Long wrote:Which he did to LD... and why LD got pissed off and turned his back on Brad. And rightly so.
Please LD has left more times than I care to remember. It doesn't mean a thing, other than he likes the attention it brings. He always returns. LD was as insulting to me, so don't tell me I was somehow being unfair.
LD was upset cause you cant read properly, and you accuse people of stuff with that limited tiny brain of yours. Apparently LD HAS to repeat himself multiple times before you STILL dont have a clue as to what he;s saying. As usual.
Yi-Long wrote:But he's a mod and he's deleting and editing posts and closing threads and if he was RIGH, that wouldnt be an issue, but too often he's wrong. And he doesnt apologize for being wrong, which to me is always a huge no-no, especially when your actions affects others.
Please. You act like all I do is moderate and piss members off. I am well in my rights to edit my posts, like anyone else is and me not being a mod I could still continue to do so).
yeah, but the difference is that you post 1 thing, I QUOTE that, and afterwards you change your original message, and then go into MY post and edit the original QUOTE.
It's obvious that you dont understand what the problem is with that, but funnily enough, it IS a problem, cause we cant trust your and our own posts anymore.

You have absolutely NO FUCKING right to edit/delete MY posts unless I post racist bullshit, hardcore obnoxious PORN (not a chick with big comedy boobies), or pure spam, or otherwise illegal crap...

Delete posts. Do you actually know how many members posts I've deleted? I've deleted several of Mark's because he was being obnoxious, I've deleted several of yours as you were being obnoxious (disguising it inside a joke). So fuck off if you're saying all I do is delete members posts, because that is a complete fucking lie.
It isnt a lie, and since you deleted it all, we cant proof it.(hich is the main problem we have with this issue)
My joke was a VERY obvious joke. Everyone with half a brain would have caught it and recognised it, as it was a straight quote from goodfellas, only replacing the 'funny' with 'fussy'.
I'm wrong in your fucking opinion you ignorant fuck. If I'm wrong I apologise (try searching you'll see). I agreed I moderated too much (fucking weeks back).
You never apologized for deleting those posts you dumb fuck.
So fucking what if I post a lot? I hadn't posted for a week you dumb fuck. At least I contribute to the forum. I'm done with being restrained and nice. I've put up with fucking weeks of abuse. You can go fuck yourself if you think I'm going to pay attention to you and Lourdes while you continue to insult me.
Actually, you're the one who's insulting the rest of the board, with your posts, your behaviour, your language, your unwillingness to read and understand posts, and your unwillingness to apologize when you're wrong.
You think YOU have been nice? What the hell do you think all of us have been up till now!?
The trouble is Yi-long you only see things your way and insist on repeating yourself until someone may agree with you. Sorry I don't and neither do other members.
That's funny, cause when Eva or Iron Monkey correct me on stuff, I acknowledge that they're right and thank them for the info...

Usually though, I AM right. And usually, we all have to explain shit to you ten times over before you still dont get it, or want to get it.
Yi-Long wrote:BTW Grim, NO-ONE EVERRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr has an argument with YOU. You're like a innocent little puppy that we wouldnt dare upset ;) So you not having been in an argument with Brad for 2 weeks doesnt really mean Brad is all that great... ;)
That maybe true but as a long standing member Grim's say holds as much weight as anyone else's on this forum you insulting fuck. You're so fucking patronising to Grim sometimes, just because you know he won't respond to it.[/quote]

Please, I love Grim. In my mind he's one of the most valued and important people on this board. I've never had a problem with Grim and I certainly never mean to patronize him, which should be obvious to everyone but you. It's cute how you try to twist my relationship with Grim into something it's not, but that's pretty usual when we;re havving a discussion with you, isnt it!?

Grim's words hold MUCH more weight than yours, simple cause he doesnt pull shit and comes across as honest and sincere and respectfull.
Just because you shout louder it doesn't mean your opinion is higher than anyone else's. Grim is clearly pissed off with all this ranting too and guess what he fucking blames you and Lourdes for not dropping it. Yeah you're so fucking innocent!
Well, we're not dropping it cause if we keep letting your shit slide all the time, nothing will change and more members will get pissed off and leave, and it will just be you and Grim here. And TBH, I like this forum too much to let a dickhead like you ruin it for the vast majority of us.
degeneration wrote:And in response to one of brad's comments about there being little to no activity when he was away recently - don't worry about that. If things are going to rekindle here, then they will do so themselves. You (nor anyone else) can FORCE it to be active without causing more harm in the process.
I was actually joking about that. That wasn't meant in a serious manner at all :D
Gee... you might wanna edit that then... cause you certainly came across as your usual self.... (!)
degeneration wrote:I do also think that other people have been overly aggressive towards Brad as well though, and they do share some of the blame with what's happening.
Thank you. I've been trying to say this for weeks.

Everyone has gone off on the moral highground saying they're being perfect yet I've been called restarted twice, I've lost count of the amount of times I've been called stupid and a dumb fuck. I've had to endure 3 weeks of people slagging me off.

Lourdes does nothing now except post capture comparisons and slag me off, not just in this thread but every time I post. All you now do Yi is slag me off. You don't even contribute to this forum any more. At least I do that.
I agree the abuse you are now getting would be a bit much for a regular member, but 3 valued members have left in the past 2-3 weeks because of your shit, a GREAT mod has stepped down and said he cant stand you and your behaviour anymore, and you can go fuck yourself if you think I'll just stand back and let all that happen without a fight.

I still contribute to the forum, but unlike you, I dont pretend to have an opinion about E-VE-RY single subject, nor feel the need to post that opinion in every thread.
You're an attention-craving postspamming crackwhore, and your postcount resembles that...

Most of my postcount comes from me having to explain myself 2-3 times to you...
I personally treat long standing members with an extra level of respect. That doesn't mean I don't argue with them but when the argument is over it's done as far as I'm concerned. This however has been going on for 3 weeks now with no end in sight.
Not reading posts, not thinking, and then grasping at straws to start shit, doesnt spell out 'respect' to me.
I have nothing against a normal argument, as most on this board will vouch for me, but this is now beyond that.
Lourdes wrote:He made it quite clear that he considers this to be his forum and wasn't going to be reasonable.
That's only something you genuinely believe. I've never said that so it's clearly a fragment of your imagination.
No-one here wants you as a mod here anymore, except you. We want Tom, or a guy like Tom. You should take that as a hint. You dont. you choose to ignore it and thus placing yourself above the benefit of the forum.
Lourdes wrote:Once I realised that I saw little point in civility, that and he gets right on my nerves.
Why? Because one of the first things I learnt as a kid was being polite and respectful to others gets you much further than being rude and insulting.

It obviously hasn't occurred to you that if you had tried being polite and rational about it you may have actually got what you want a long time ago.
Thats a lie. This is not the first time we've had problems with you and your behaviour. You havent changed. We tried polite. It works with most people, but apparently not with you...

Lastly:

Shen left - Because of all these rant threads, she continues to lurk btw.
68 Monkey - Stopped posting because it annoyed her how often I was posting. That's her problem and a very weak argument.
LD left - Well he gets all hot and bothered so often it's not exactly surprising.
Hungfist - Has no problem with me and evidently by his lack of contribution doesn't give a fuck.
Mark - May not find me enthralling but clearly doesn't care either.
Romero - May not find me enthralling but clearly doesn't care either.
Gojensen - Doesn't care either and only got invovled because he felt he had to.
yeah nice list, but you're still at the root of most arguments, fights, and anger here on this board.
You guys insist in keep saying everyone fucking hates me when in fact it is just Yi-Long and Lourdes who have managed to keep this alive. Sure they may not like me but that's a massive fucking jump from hating me.

You can fuck yourselves if you think I'm going to listen to your rants while you continue like you have been!
Really, and how have Lourdes and me been upsetting the rest of the board, apart from you?
Why is it so much to ask to ask it's now dropped and let to rest for a couple of weeks to see if my moderating is still a problem?

I know I keep saying it but I really am done with this entire discussion. Rant between yourselves, it's clearly all you have interest in doing on this forum any more. Asian films? Fuck them, General films? Fuck them too. Let's just rant about Brad. That's fun!

Grim is spot on when he says it's just got petty and childish.
Asian discussion and movie discussion was already slow before this whole shit started, so dont even start that. That always goes in waves, like much attention-less attention.

I was done with this discussion a long long time ago, but 1: I keep having to repeat myself, and 2: things arent changing for the better.

BTW, I copy-pasted this whole thing, and saved it, just in case you wanna delete or edit it all again. If you do, I'll just start a new thread with the uncut exchange...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

I agree that Brad's not suited as a mod. His views on bootlegging, his general attitude and manners are all ill-suited for the moderator of a film forum
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.