The General HD Releases Thread!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I thought that too but it's the one used at all e-tailors, you could still be right though.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

the top and bottom of that cover is not on the retail version.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

the top and bottom of that cover is not on the retail version.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Phew. Is the rest of it correct? What's the AV like? Where did you buy it from?
saltysam wrote:Unbreakable Region A =Region-Free
A BD Review:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1312/unbreakable.html
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

saltysam wrote:Walk Hard:The Dewey Cox Story Region A-is region-free
Any good? About to put in an order from dvdslimited for Juno (instock Wed) and was going to order Walk Hard too.
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I wish Juno was released on BD too :(

'V for Vendetta' Coming to Blu-ray -

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... u-ray/1606

This is another Warner catch up title now PIP/Profile 1.1 is out properly. I wonder when the Matrix Trilogy will make it to BD.
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

bradavon wrote:I wish Juno was released on BD too :(
eh? I dont know what you mean! I will have mine on Thursday!
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Tigercage wrote:
saltysam wrote:Walk Hard:The Dewey Cox Story Region A-is region-free
Any good? About to put in an order from dvdslimited for Juno (instock Wed) and was going to order Walk Hard too.
i thought it was ok,pretty entertaining.i watched the nrated cut which felt overlong,the theatial cut on the disc may play better.loads of extras on the 2nd disc.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh yeah oops. I see Juno is coming soon.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Hills have Eyes remake uk release is region-free. i think this must be the first region-free Fox title in the UK.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

That is surprising. According to:

http://bluray.liesinc.net/

The Aussie Hills have Eyes remake is unsurprisingly Region Free too. Maybe the German Die Hard was region free after all.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Sahme about the extras on Unbreakable :( I want a quality disc for the film!

Still at least the picture sounds good, unlike the shit dvds out there.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Already posted bottom of the previous page ;). I never expected new extras for this released.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I didnt, but I wanted!
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

saltysam wrote:Hills have Eyes remake uk release is region-free. i think this must be the first region-free Fox title in the UK.
How fitting that they would bless a film that no one gives a shit about with region free status.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Very early news on Sony's Erin Brockovich UK BD:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... ovich.html

Interestingly this is a Universal disc in America meaning it already has a HD-DVD release. I almost picked it up but am now glad I waited for the BD. The discs have the same extras but the HD-DVD only has Full-rate (1.5Mbps) DD Plus, so no Lossless as found on the upcoming BD.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

AVP 2 Requiem is Region A region-locked.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Salty for continuing to let us know about these.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:AVP 2 Requiem is Region A region-locked.
Lol, I'm gutted! :D
Image
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

saltysam wrote:AVP 2 Requiem is Region A region-locked.
I had high hopes for this as i really enjoyed the first but it was absolute garbage! :oops:
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

Before the devil knows your dead is region locked btw.
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Men In Black is getting a June release in the usa.
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Tigercage wrote:Before the devil knows your dead is region locked btw.
saw that a while back,not a bad movie but a tad overrated imo.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Boys From Brazil coming, i liked this,decent 70's thriller,hopefully region-free

http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Boys-From-Braz ... .htm?sr=sa