The results are in!

Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

I hate neutrals. With enimes, you know where they stand, but with neutrals...who knows?

(Zapp Brannigan, not me)
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Ivan Drago wrote:I hate neutrals. With enimes, you know where they stand, but with neutrals...who knows?

(Zapp Brannigan, not me)
'If I don't make it, tell my wife, "hello"'.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Fixed it. His account is now active and a plain old user.

Going to see if I can figure out a couple of other bugs.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Lourdes wrote:
Going to see if I can figure out a couple of other bugs.
If the internet now blows up, we know who caused it, Lourdes! :twisted:
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

I told Mordib I wouldn't play about with the live database, but you know it's just too much hassle to create a duplicate. :twisted:
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Yeah, well... don't break anything, will ya? :D
Thanks for your assistance. It is much appreciated.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

While you're at it, can you install an 'ignore user' button or something!? :mrgreen:
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

BTW, where is the 'I've had enough of Lourdes and Yi-Long' thread?
I enjoyed that thread!
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Ricochan38 wrote:by the way i am one of the neutral ones 8)
I was the other one! Although I thought brad was a not a good mod, ultimately I couldn't give a fig. :D
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Yi:
This thread was deleted at Brad's request.
As it was started by him (and since he was the only one who could contribute to it), there was no reason to keep it.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Everyone is the same colour now, except the admins in bold. There must have been some old user rank which caused older accounts to be at a different user level - although they had the same permissions as anybody else, fixed that.

All done and I demoted myself. Think I've forgotten the cpanel password already to boot. :)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

That's right. We used to have a problem with some specific usernames.
We had 15 mods at one point. :D

Thank you Lourdes.

This thread will now be moved into "Bullets Feedback", where it belongs.
It won't be locked, but I'd appreciate it if members could just let it sink.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Lourdes wrote:Tom couldn't exactly perform a dry-run, he had to act when he did or Brad would have ended up doing the same to him.
Yet the evidence points otherwise:
bradavon wrote:* Tom's account is is still a moderator so if he wishes to return he is more than welcome. I wish I was able to have convinced Tom not to step down Sad.
I had ample opportunity to at that time to remove Tom as a Mod. I can tell you some other facts:

* It was I along with Toge who recommended Tom be a Mod.
* It was I who asked Mordib to give Tom access to the Admin Panel which he didn't have when he was first Mod and couldn't have done what he did without it.

I'll give you another fact:

* Tom could've chosen to contact Mordib before he did anything so Mordib could've altered my account without causing any extra problems, instead he chose otherwise and caused extra unnecessary strife. After the fact I never cared much about no longer being a moderator. I knew it was likely that would come to an end sooner or later, one way or another.
saltysam wrote:there's people dying,getting fatal illnesses,having terrible luck all over the world but losing a fucking post count must rank up there with the most serious thing that can happen to someone. :roll: pathetic
I was actually more concerned about not having access to 6 years of words written by me. I hate the idea of not having access to words I've written.

As to overreacting, don't you think considering your recent outburst you're being just a little hypocritical? Not for being angry in the first instance (that was understandable) but for quite how angry you got, then still being angry after I apologised several times afterwards.
saltysam wrote:if Bradavon had stepped down when he should have done this wouldn't have happened.it's unfortunate but he should take some of the blame due to his stubborness Grim.
Actually not so. If I had demodded myself I would have likely come across the same problem. The option to demodded myself is the same one Tom used.

Didn't your Mummy ever tell you what assumption accounts to? :D
Ricochan38 wrote:it looks as if brad is very angry...why are all his posts empty?
Well I was extremely angry when I found out but I have since calmed down and to give Tom his dues after the fact he has been very good about it all.

As to my posts: I was using an account which wasn't mine and Tom will soon delete. Meaning I don't have access to my words and I didn't want to have words I'd written being online but not having access to.

Just like 100% of the words we've all used on this subject over the past 2-3 weeks, none of it was ultimately important and thus none of it needed to stay.
Last edited by bradavon on 28 Mar 2008, 06:46, edited 2 times in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

tom2681 wrote:We had 15 mods at one point. :D
I cannot say I ever spotted that bug :D
tom2681 wrote:It won't be locked, but I'd appreciate it if members could just let it sink.
It maybe an idea to lock it. Purely because none of us will be able to resist replying and I can see this going on for the next week. Especially when it's been the most active topic weeks, covering 26 days, 4 threads, 291 posts and has been viewed 2528 times :D
Yi-Long wrote:BTW, where is the 'I've had enough of Lourdes and Yi-Long' thread? I enjoyed that thread!
Trust you to notice it's disappearance :D
Lourdes wrote:Fixed it. His account is now active and a plain old user.
What was it? Somewhat ironically I know a little bit about SQL myself.
Last edited by bradavon on 27 Mar 2008, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Ofcourse I notice the disappearance...

You start a thread as a mad, raving loony, insulting and bitching about us, throwing around pretty harsh words, and we took the time and effort to reply... so I dont think it should then just be deleted because the topic-starter has a change of heart and wants his comments to be deleted and forgotten.

Plus... I felt it was quite a fun thread, so I sincerely feel it's a shame that it's now lost so I cant read it all back again with enjoyment.... :D

Once you post an opinion, or whatever, it shouldnt just be deleted just because after a while you come to your senses. At least, that's my opinion on the matter.

Anyway, sad to see that thread gone. As I said, I liked it.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:@Yi:
This thread was deleted at Brad's request.
As it was started by him (and since he was the only one who could contribute to it), there was no reason to keep it.
Why was he the only one who could contribute to it? Didnt I and Lourdes already contribute to it? And others as well?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:You start a thread as a mad, raving loony, insulting and bitching about us, throwing around pretty harsh words, and we took the time and effort to reply...
Now, now play nice. We agreed to kiss and make up remember, well without the kissing. I bet you're one ugly fucker :D
Yi-Long wrote:Once you post an opinion, or whatever, it shouldnt just be deleted just because after a while you come to your senses. At least, that's my opinion on the matter.
It's good a job you're not a mod and no one was asking your opinion then, isn't it :D . People could post all manner of disgusting and illegal shit, and you'd not do anything to stop them :D
Last edited by bradavon on 28 Mar 2008, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:You start a thread as a mad, raving loony, insulting and bitching about us, throwing around pretty harsh words, and we took the time and effort to reply...
Now, now play nice. We agreed to kiss and make up remember, well without the kissing. I bet you're one ugly fucker :D
Actually, we never agreed anything like that...
I remember me saying having no problems with you as a member, but having problems with you as a mod, and I welcolmed Tom's action and I welcomed you to the board, and you basically acted like a huge dick, calling us all names, accusing us of all kinds of stuff, etc etc.

Obviously, that thread is now completely gone, so I guess I'm just lying about that ...(!)
Yi-Long wrote:so I dont think it should then just be deleted because the topic-starter has a change of heart and wants his comments to be deleted and forgotten.
It's good a job you're not a mod then, isn't it :D . People could post all manner of disgusting and illegal shit, and you'd not do anything to stop them :D
Nope, I've already explained what I think the job is of a moderator, which IS (among other things) to remove all kinds of disgusting and illegal shit. So I would have removed that crap, if it was posted. No one would have a problem with that.

Now... I admit your posts were borderline disgusting, and kinda pathetic, but 1 user flying over his handlebars, drooling with madness and anger, and basically making a fool himself, doesnt mean that I would find that a reason to delete that posts, especially not when others (like myself and Lourdes) have already responded to your wild rants, in a pretty decent and polite manner, making light of the situation (cause, TBH, it was kinda hilarious :D ), etc.

So no, I wouldnt have deleted that, even if the topicstarter would have requested it.

I dont think that 1 day you can post all kinds of stuff about people, insulting them, accusing them etc, and the next day just having it all removed and acting like it never happened. That's not how it works in the real world, and that isnt how it should work on a messageboard.

When a user spouts abuse against other users, be it right or wrong, it should just stay there for people to read, and to react to... so they know what kind of persons we are, and what our feuds and fights are all about.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I was refferring to you agreeing to Tom's request on Page 1 of this thread. As to the rest of your post I've not read it and have no intention of doing so.

Why? Because I already know what it will say and you already know what I'd say on such a subject. Any further talking of the subject will just merely repeat words we've both said many times before.

I am going to completely ignore your words such as "acted like a huge dick" as I know what you say is partially correct. I also know I could accurately say very much the same about you. But like I said that would just be a repeat of what I have already said and you already know. So I will not be doing that or responding to you.

Tom has asked we let the whole entire subject now disappear (he used the word sink) and I would have to agree.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Yi:
Here's my point of view:
-Brad created the "I've had enough of Yi and Lourdes" thread when he was extremely angry (rightly so).
-He knows very well that it is inappropriate for a user to complain about another user by creating a brand new thread.
-But you can't exactly blame him for forgetting that bit (he had only just found out that his powers had been removed and his old account got locked).

So yes, I've agreed to delete that thread.
I believe that any member has the right to ask for his words to be removed, provided that he wasn't in a healthy emotional state when he wrote them (completely drunk, on drugs, or super-angry).

Maybe I (or even Bradavon himself) could have simply emptied the first post of that thread (that would have been well within his rights as thread-starter), but the thread would have lost its purpose anyway.

This thread will remain open if you want to reply.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:
As to overreacting, don't you think considering your recent outburst you're being just a little hypocritical?
Not really,what i said needed saying.anyway the conclusion is the right thing for the board so i'm not angry anymore,quite chirpy actually :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Me too.

I said to Tom I think all these Brad-Boiling threads should be locked. For no other reason than the discussion is likely to meander on for weeks otherwise, when there is nothing of value anyone can still possibly have to add, but I respect his differing opinion not to want to do so.

It's all done and dusted as far as I'm concerned. Life is way, way too short really.

p.s - It was Eva's turn last summer:

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=3742

I've just had mine. I wonder who'll be next? ;). I vote for Grim :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Well I ussually insult people when I am drunk out of my brain, but I would not go back and edit a word :D shit happens, its history.

Brad-Boiling :lol: I picture you in a plactic bad like a boil in the bad curry :lol:
User avatar
captainjoe
King of Beggars
Posts: 667
Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:46
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by captainjoe »

It's amazing what can happen here when you are away for a few weeks! :lol:
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

captainjoe wrote:It's amazing what can happen here when you are away for a few weeks! :lol:
You should have read the thread that got deleted :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...