The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Post Reply
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Matrix Trilogy blu-ray £14.99 -obvious misprice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Reloaded ... 802&sr=1-1
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Haha thanks, I've put a pre-order in for that price, hopefully they'll honour it :)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

They all did the same misprice on the HD DVD prices, most honoered the price :D hope you get em cheap.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Has it been confirmed if Animatrix is in HD? Amazon charge on dispatch right? Cheers Salty.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Amazon charge on dispatch yup, dunno about the Animatrix but all I want is the first Matrix film anyway.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Cheers.

Me too but I'm wondering if it's worth be getting the BD. I already have two copies of the HD-DVD, one free with my LG Combo Player. It will be on eBay soon.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

This is now listed as £37.49 on Amazon :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Casino Royale deluxe BLU-RAY £12.98 Delivered

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casino-Royale-D ... B001D40U8E
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Its cut!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Is the DELUXE BD uncut in the same countries that the single disc was (ie. Australia, Europe...?)
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Yes. All reviews I've read have said the AV is identical, meaning Sony have just added extras, nothing more.

I cannot be bothered. I'm happy enough with my existing BD, especially if the AV as identical.
IronMonkey wrote:Its cut!
That's a given. Given that the cut amounts to one phrase I don't give a monkey's. It's the USA BD which needs to be avoided.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

saltysam wrote:Matrix Trilogy blu-ray £14.99 -obvious misprice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Reloaded ... 802&sr=1-1
Amazon are honouring this. I received confirmation that my copy has shipped.

I would've liked a bundle with The Animatrix (ie the US release), but at this price I couldn't say no. I never bought the first film on DVD anyway.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah they've sent mine off too, which I'm quite happy about since the last time they made a price error, they cancelled my flaming order!
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Yeah, mine has been posted too. I wouldn't have bothered buying the trilogy because I don't like the 2nd & 3rd films, but when it was £14.99 for all 3 I couldn't say no.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I did the same with the HD-DVD box set for only £17.98, when that was up for pre-order. I couldn't be bothered to rebuy it.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

My Matrix trilogy arrived today, I've just been checking out various scenes and it's such an improvement over the old DVD I used to own haha. The first one appears to be uncut as we expected, as there are double headbutts and stuff. With them being VC-1 encodes, the bitrate is always pretty low which always annoys me a bit as the space that Blu-ray provides means that they certainly don't need to be stingey with the bitrate whether it makes much of a visible difference or not! I'm not liking the lack of digipaks that Blu-ray seems to get, makes sets like this feel cheaper than they should. But yeah, for the price of £14.99 I shouldn't really be complaining haha.

P.S. on the Amazon receipt it says £12.76 excl. VAT tee hee, oh Amazon bless you and your pricing errors :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Why would VC-1 mean a low bitrate? I'm just wondering what you mean.

The HD-DVD box set is three keep cases in a box. The BD is the same right? The odd HD Disc gets digi-pack but agreed it's a pity. For example: The UK Casino Royale and Battlestar Galactica Season 1 HD-DVD box set.

I've still not checked out my HD-DVD box set :D. I imagine it's identical. I presume it's now 6 discs? Three BDs and three DVDs. The HD-DVD box set is 3 dual sided discs, one side HD-DVD and one DVD.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Because VC-1 is so efficient, it's usually fairly low, around 15mbps on average from what I've seen on my discs.

6 discs in the BD box set? Nope just 3 Blu-rays. Yeah it's 3 cases in a box, which is slightly better than the Spider-Man trilogy which isn't even a box lol it's a slipcase.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Nope just 3 Blu-rays. Yeah it's 3 cases in a box
I guess they've just put the DVD extras on the BD too.
gasteropod wrote:Because VC-1 is so efficient, it's usually fairly low, around 15mbps on average from what I've seen on my discs.
Ah. It sounds like it's not needed then. There's no point increasing the bitrate if it doesn't increase quality.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

If you've got the space, you might as well use it, and it would improve it marginally because the less compression the better, right? Yeah the extras are all on the movie discs.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

got my £15 amazon order today :) to ebay with my hd-dvd set :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Amazon have a Black Friday sale going on for DVD and BD.

Some very good prices; offset by the crappy £ exchange rate and big postage but worth a look.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks, link:

http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Sale/b/ref=am ... =172778011

I cannot seem to find a proper BD link though, it mixes DVD with BD :(. After the exchange rate and postage I cannot find any bargains :(.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I got The Rambo Trilogy on BD for $17.95 + postage.

Total was about £16 which is pretty good for three blu-rays.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

That is a good price. Any bargains that aren't box sets though? How many BDs do you have now? Any closer to get the kit to play them?
Post Reply