BD cases
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
BD cases
Does anyone know why the UK cases are fatter than the American ones? I haven't bought any UK BDs yet but I'm thinking they'll sit unevenly on my shelf alongside the slimmer US imports. Why couldn't they standardise the size? Also what do other countries use?
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Lol... that was my logic too.IronMonkey wrote:I prefer the slim cases simply because I can fit more on my limited shelf space!
There just doesn't seem to be any reason for the UK cases to be thicker.
I saw a music BD in-store that had a thin case. I think it was a German import. Sometimes you get German music imports for some reason. Never anywhere else... lol
-
IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
I think the single-disc release of Casino Royale was a slim case as well, not sure if it was as slim as US cases mind but the one Sony sent me in their free blu-ray deal was definitely slimmer than an ordinary UK case.
I also much prefer the slim cases, I could understand the point in the thicker ones if Blu-rays actually had info booklets/leaflets inside them like many DVDs do, but they almost always have nothing!
I also much prefer the slim cases, I could understand the point in the thicker ones if Blu-rays actually had info booklets/leaflets inside them like many DVDs do, but they almost always have nothing!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
