Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
I'm happier too with the Bruce Lee films we're getting. As Eva says the 40 minutes from Game of Death are well worth it BUT I've real no massive interest to pay for those in HD, SD is fine.
When are these coming again? The first link doesn't work any more (for me anyway) and the second doesn't say.
I'm so all over Fist of Fury and the OUATIC Trilogy, love those films.
I'll probably get Way of the Dragon too at some point but as Enter the Dragon won't be in the original language I'll pass on that one (I already own the Warner BD anyway) and Big Boss isn't really a keeper IMO or in other words I'm happy with the HKL PE DVD.
When are these coming again? The first link doesn't work any more (for me anyway) and the second doesn't say.
I'm so all over Fist of Fury and the OUATIC Trilogy, love those films.
I'll probably get Way of the Dragon too at some point but as Enter the Dragon won't be in the original language I'll pass on that one (I already own the Warner BD anyway) and Big Boss isn't really a keeper IMO or in other words I'm happy with the HKL PE DVD.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
I'm keen on Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon. I can definitely leave TBB, it's a pretty poor film.bradavon wrote:I'll probably get Way of the Dragon too at some point but as Enter the Dragon won't be in the original language I'll pass on that one (I already own the Warner BD anyway) and Big Boss isn't really a keeper IMO or in other words I'm happy with the HKL PE DVD.
- Old Pang Yau
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 24 Mar 2007, 04:02
Damn straightsaltysam wrote:The Big Boss is a fantastic movie,Raw and rough certainly but absolutely superb.i've probably watched it more times than Bruce's other HK movies.
If these are released seperately, I'm going for Big Boss, Fist of Fury, and Way of the Dragon. I already have a DVD of the Chinese cut of ETD, which does nothing for me anyway. I mean, the only "treasure" hiding on there is the alternate opening credit sequence... not something I desperately need in HD.
All we need now is the release date! Asian Blu-ray Guide has them listed as June 15, but that's probably just because the articles said "mid-June"... so they took it literally. Hopefully something solid will be coming soon... preferably this week

-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
August 10th 2009
The Big Boss
http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-big-b ... /info.html
Fist Of Fury
http://www.yesasia.com/global/fist-of-f ... /info.html
The Big Boss
http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-big-b ... /info.html
Fist Of Fury
http://www.yesasia.com/global/fist-of-f ... /info.html
working class blu-ray fan
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
I'd buy FIST OF FURY, THE BIG BOSS and maybe WAY OF THE DRAGON.
Not fussed about GOD though, only the final 20 minutes and the cool locker room fight make it worthwhile.
What is that reviewer on the page talking about? 94 minutes is the Cantonese version (I think). Was he expecting the uncut Mandarin print?
Not fussed about GOD though, only the final 20 minutes and the cool locker room fight make it worthwhile.
What is that reviewer on the page talking about? 94 minutes is the Cantonese version (I think). Was he expecting the uncut Mandarin print?
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re:
Yay! FOF here I come. Hopefully it's not HK BD rip off prices though.saltysam wrote:August 10th 2009
The Big Boss
http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-big-b ... /info.html
Fist Of Fury
http://www.yesasia.com/global/fist-of-f ... /info.html
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
Now up at DDDHOUSE-around £19 delivered each
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_deta ... nguageID=0
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_deta ... nguageID=0
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_deta ... nguageID=0
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_deta ... nguageID=0
working class blu-ray fan
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
Seems expensive!
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
Not an issue,Romero will know where to get these for £3 each within a weekgrim_tales wrote:Seems expensive!
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
Annoyingly average HK BD prices
. Does anyone know why HK DVDs have always been reasonable but their BDs always expensive?
Are you getting them Salty? I'll wait for opinions before getting FOF.
Are you getting them Salty? I'll wait for opinions before getting FOF.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
saltysam wrote:Not an issue,Romero will know where to get these for £3 each within a week
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
normally i would but i'm unsure,have a feeling these will see a superior and cheaper release elsewhere soon enough.bradavon wrote:
Are you getting them Salty? I'll wait for opinions before getting FOF.
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
Really, why? Cheaper probably but superior. I'm unsure, not soon anyway.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
No original mono according to specs posted at the ADVDG.
No sale.
No sale.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
That is annoying, especially as the 5.1 could be way too bombastic and not really stereo.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
I bet no BDs will have original mono then, if the HK BD's don't 
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
You never know. Fox and HKL took the Fortune Star DVD Masters and changed their DVDs. I doubt international BDs will be clones of these. Other Asian BDs are likely to be though. The trouble is I bet it will be forever before they get released internationally.
Given that Contendor killed off HKL I bet we won't be seeing UK Bruce Lee BDs any time soon, presuming they still even have the rights to Bruce's films. I doubt Fox in America will either.
Given that Contendor killed off HKL I bet we won't be seeing UK Bruce Lee BDs any time soon, presuming they still even have the rights to Bruce's films. I doubt Fox in America will either.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
Well against my better judgement i've ordered these.lack of mono is a pisser but it's Bruce Lee-on blu-ray 
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Bruce Lee Movies coming to Blu-Ray
In less than 24 hours you've gone from no thanks to why not
.
