The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

gotta be quick with these things Grim,no need to hang around with Amazon as they don't charge until shipping :wink:
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

WOW! For once I actually managed to get in there and bag an Amazon bargain. I've missed out on so many by even delaying by an hour.

Grim: You don't have a BD Player or HDTV and I didn't think you could remotely afford either? I wouldn't even be looking until you were serious about buying one at some point.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Not cheap for me thats for sure, when they are down in the sales for under £6 then I wil get some of them.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Coming from the man who pays a fortune for Japanese BDs, you're saying £9.97 isn't cheap? :?.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
Good point Brad, I dont know when I'll buy HDTV/BD but the other day my mum was saying I could spend some of my money so it could be sooner than I think, I dont know :)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Coming from the man who pays a fortune for Japanese BDs, you're saying £9.97 isn't cheap? :?.
and so I paid for 2 discs, of two amazing films with amazing sound and picture, only uncut versions avialble in 2 countries in the entire world, both not cheap. No other way to get them at all unless you paid plenty.

Unlike the ones listed as bargains from amazon, which will ALL be in every country cheap as chips months after release.

£9.97 is NOT cheap at all. I get loads of brand new films on Blu Ray for way less than that, these will be in the 3 for 2 offers and able to get em for £6 easy in a while.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
£9.97 is NOT cheap at all. I get loads of brand new films on Blu Ray for way less than that
why don't you post these fantastic deals you get then?,
romerojpg wrote: these will be in the 3 for 2 offers and able to get em for £6 easy in a while.
the 3 for 2 at Amazon has turned to shit lately.i can rarely find 3 i want anyway. and the deal was £9.69 not £9.97 :wink:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:and so I paid for 2 discs, of two amazing films with amazing sound and picture, only uncut versions avialble in 2 countries in the entire world, both not cheap. No other way to get them at all unless you paid plenty.
Both Transporters will be far less than you paid when the UK/USA BDs come ha ha :D.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

You couldn't pay me to buy Transporter 2 again. What a piss poor film, especially in comparison to the first.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Which were the uncut Japanese movies that Romero bought!?
Kill Bill or something!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

He says on the previous page. Transporter fucking 1 and 2.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I thought Romero said he bought 2 amazing movies(!)
What's so amazing about Transformers, apart from being amazingly lame!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Get your eyes tested Yi :D

saltysam wrote:
romerojpg wrote:
£9.97 is NOT cheap at all. I get loads of brand new films on Blu Ray for way less than that
why don't you post these fantastic deals you get then?,
romerojpg wrote: these will be in the 3 for 2 offers and able to get em for £6 easy in a while.
the 3 for 2 at Amazon has turned to shit lately.i can rarely find 3 i want anyway. and the deal was £9.69 not £9.97 :wink:
I get tonnes from forums buying and trading etc.. and quickly canned mistakes, and plenty of other bargain posts on forums I am sure you will see as you frequent some forums I do :D I honestly cannot post everything I see on here, I raley post any bargains anywhere anymore.

Just this week I have got over 10 Blus from many different places forums and new off stores, none cost very much, well one cost a tiny bit over £10 Death Race, but many were between £4.50 and £7 :)

Some of them pretty damned new releases too from only a few weeks ago like Redbelt (amazon 3for2 £6.50), Lakeview Terrace (amazon 3for2 £6.50), The Good Bad and The Wierd (HMV £7.59) , and some older ones but cheap like Run Fatboy Run for under a fiver.

I am not saying all titles come down to what we want (cheap) but hey so far pretty much everything I have wanted I have found under a tenner, or even way below :) I just look a lot on a load of places.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:I thought Romero said he bought 2 amazing movies(!)
What's so amazing about Transformers, apart from being amazingly lame!?
Classic Brad er except it wasn't me for once :D.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

French Connection BD Double pack £17.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... dforums-21
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Sweet! I've gone and bought the DVD box set since, cheap on eBay. I'm tempted but given the fucked up Part 1 I'll pass.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Amazon 3 for 2 on BD'S has ended for now apparently.Romero must be devastated :wink:
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

It has disapeared many times, it has always come back :D hopefully with tonnes of new titles (not too many I want mind you, I am buying too many as it is :D ).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Aren't they the same old titles again and again though?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Aren't they the same old titles again and again though?
Nope, even brand new titles pop up, and even pre order ones :) surley you have looked a few times :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Not for awhile. What with holidays and socialising I've significantly reduced my DVD/BD buying. I cannot find the time any more. For the most part it's BDs I "must have".
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:Not for awhile. What with holidays and socialising I've significantly reduced my DVD/BD buying. I cannot find the time any more. For the most part it's BDs I "must have".
I'd sell your collection then :wink: seriously it's a bit pointless collecting dvds if you have no time to view them!!
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Sell? Brad Shudders! Just because it's not growing much at moment it doesn't mean it cannot stay the same size. I've not had much time for years but it's got seriously less over the past 6 months. I've always had loads of unwatched films but it's not really growing so it's fine.

Besides to tell this many DVDs/BDs would take so flipping long.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

You sound to me you should be an occasional renter rather than buyer of discs Brad :wink: To be honest i've tried to reduce mine but it's still near 900. i also struggle with time though i do watch 4-5 on average a week.my struggle is with tv shows,for example i have all 4 seasons of The Sweeney,had them years and still they lay unwatched :?
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

I've watched the first 3 episodes of 24: S1 about 6-8 months ago, still not managed the rest. 4-5 a week, with kids is impressive. 900 DVDs/BDs is nuts. I had about 650, it's now 480 but for the most it's now 1 in, 1 out. So thankfully has barely grown in over a year.

I still have "lots" of "good" instead of "great" films. I'll probably have a third go this year to whittle it down further.