That's why I asked? I read both have the same pre-cut but am unsure.Markgway wrote:That's not what I said.
The Amazon Bargains Thread!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
- IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I went for Lucky Number Slevin for £9 delivered.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Dunno if this a bargain or not but its the cheapest I could find:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IL ... d_i=507846
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IL ... d_i=507846
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Excellent price. Saw Uni Sol recently and it wasn't that great a film TBH. I won't bother buying.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
The Wrestler £7.48 at Amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrestler-Blu-ra ... B001TJKVB4
Spec. looks the same as the USA disc but it also has an extra interview. According to the DVD Therapy review it's Region B but it's in the general Spec. anywhere, so they may not have checked it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrestler-Blu-ra ... B001TJKVB4
Spec. looks the same as the USA disc but it also has an extra interview. According to the DVD Therapy review it's Region B but it's in the general Spec. anywhere, so they may not have checked it.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Fight Club just over £8 from Amazon.Ca..region-free i believe.
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... forum06-20
Home Alone cheap
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... forum06-20
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... forum06-20
Home Alone cheap
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... forum06-20
working class blu-ray fan
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Not all do. Personally it doesn't bother me. If it only came down to the cover, I'd always pick the USA one but otherwise I don't care.
Fight Club is £12 delivered. Good price but not low enough, for me to rush to get it. It's bound to be around £8 in the UK sooner or later.
Fight Club is £12 delivered. Good price but not low enough, for me to rush to get it. It's bound to be around £8 in the UK sooner or later.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
As you say it will be in the UK bargain bins very soon for way less.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Groundhog Day USA BD -
http://www.amazon.com/Groundhog-15th-An ... 604&sr=1-2
Now I have BD I want to buy all these movies again

http://www.amazon.com/Groundhog-15th-An ... 604&sr=1-2
Now I have BD I want to buy all these movies again
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Erm that is NO bargain. That costs more than any brand new disc I have bought over the last few months.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
You paid £18 for Watchmen DCromerojpg wrote:Erm that is NO bargain. That costs more than any brand new disc I have bought over the last few months.
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I said few months, that was wayy back in July 
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Any idea then where Groundhog Day Region A can be bought cheaper than the price Grim posted at?As it doesn't appear to be out in the uk.romerojpg wrote:I said few months, that was wayy back in July
working class blu-ray fan
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Will there be a UK BD of Groundhog? I can't find one. Perhaps its not released yet.
ETA: What Sam said.
ETA: What Sam said.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Yes.grim_tales wrote:Will there be a UK BD of Groundhog?
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
There's bound to be eventually.however at the time of writing there isn't,so Romero can this Region A disc be had cheaper to the uk than what Grim has found.?it's nearly £17 at Axel & £16 at Movietyme & Playusa.romerojpg wrote:Yes.grim_tales wrote:Will there be a UK BD of Groundhog?
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I would not even bother looking, I dont do Region A
paying over £10 for a cataloge title which will be in the £6 sales when it hits the UK is mental.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
i'll take that as your way of saying no you can'tromerojpg wrote:I would not even bother looking, I dont do Region A
I Take your point that paying over a tenner for a catalogue title is ordinarily odd,however it's not out here and doesn't even have a release date so until it's out here your comparison with £6 UK sales isn't validromerojpg wrote: paying over £10 for a cataloge title which will be in the £6 sales when it hits the UK is mental.
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Well I dont consider nearly £14 anything close to a bargain, any region.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Simpsons complete twelfth seaon £12.80ish delivered.bargain if you like the show,it's currently £25-£26 in the UK.
http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Complete ... 055&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Complete ... 055&sr=1-2
working class blu-ray fan
