Dictator Hung Hung

User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Dictator Hung Hung

Post by HungFist »

Something I wanted to ask everyone. Some time ago Lourdes granted me modding rights because it helps me to keep those big JP cult cinema / exploitation threads in order. Once in a while I take a look at my own old posts in those threads and delete random chatter and outdated release news, combine posts etc. to make the thread more compact. There’s a huge amount of useful info there, but no one can find it if the thread is 100 pages long.

So, I wanted to ask if people would allow me a dictator position in those threads. What it means is, I would occasionally DELETE some OLD posts made by OTHER MEMBERS also. This would only be posts that do not contribute anything useful or interesting to the thread (e.g. post that only says “Cool cover!” or “That film looks interesting” or "Still waiting to receive my copy") but rather just make it longer.

Yeah, it would be my judgment on what is and what is not useful. Take it or leave it.

Btw, my intention is not to discourage posting on-topic comments. I’m just saying that after half a year maybe I’d like to delete some of the less useful old stuff, so that the thread remains easy to use and high on information value.

Threads that I’m referring to:
Japanese cult cinema thread
The Classic Japanese Exploitation Thread

and maybe to lesser extent
The Sonny Chiba thread
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: Dictator Hung Hung

Post by bradavon »

I'm happy with this. Those aren't threads I tend to read anyway.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: Dictator Hung Hung

Post by Shingster »

I have no problems either, it's a good idea.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Dictator Hung Hung

Post by Markgway »

I don't post in them so no objections from me. :cool:
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Dictator Hung Hung

Post by grim_tales »

Seems a good idea, I dont post in those threads either.
lally
Jackie Chan's Little Toe
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 18:58

Re: Dictator Hung Hung

Post by lally »

THEM THREADS MENTIONED ARE THE BEST BITS OF THE WEBSITE---MAKE THEM LIKE AN ESSENTIAL BOOK WITH YOURSELF AS EDITOR/ETC AND ANYTHING THAT DUZZ NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUBECT--GONE--IT....
THE JOKES ARE FUN-SECTION-THEM--WHY SO SERIOUS ETC