Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474 Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)
Post
by degeneration » 02 Mar 2011, 16:35
So the transfer is as good as the dvd was, I've got the DVD, so don't have anything to gain by going to the blu-ray, so I'll pass on this one. Guess I'm a cracker.
It's my favourite film of all time as well, but why bother getting this if it isn't an improvement?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868 Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Post
by gasteropod » 02 Mar 2011, 16:50
Yeah I've got the HK DVD and the UK Blu-ray and the BD only has less artifacts really. Such a shame considering the visual style of the film, it needs a release with better colour.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 02 Mar 2011, 18:11
I sold my Korean Limited Edition so I had to get the film again anyway, shame I never got the Blu Ray for under £4, I think I paid £5.50
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 02 Mar 2011, 18:38
I didn't rate the film. Seem to be in a minority on this.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 02 Mar 2011, 18:54
Hey we wont hold that against you, its good to be different
I think The Exorcist is shit
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 02 Mar 2011, 19:01
romerojpg wrote: I think The Exorcist is shit
And the Godfather
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 02 Mar 2011, 19:10
Mind you it has been so long since I have last seen that its hard to say now
Mind you I bought the Blu Ray of Goodfellas recently to re-watch it after all these years, I still hated it
at least I gave it a second chance at jumping up on me
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 02 Mar 2011, 21:37
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 03 Mar 2011, 18:37
I liked Capote (not enough to buy though). Is In Cold Blood any good?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 03 Mar 2011, 23:49
In Cold Blood is a good film,very well acted but it's also a very downbeat experience.Not a keeper for me but definitely worth seeing.
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 08 Mar 2011, 16:35
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 08 Mar 2011, 23:09
Quite a few titles have turned up at Play (and therefore Amazon also) for a fiver.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 09 Mar 2011, 21:36
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 10 Mar 2011, 20:52
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 14 Mar 2011, 13:35
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 18 Mar 2011, 18:13
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 19 Mar 2011, 17:19
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 21 Mar 2011, 18:16
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 21 Mar 2011, 18:34
I remember the trailer for this very fondly
Vengeance £6.49 on Bluy Ray sounds worth a try Honh Kong/French production I think, looks pretty tasty
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1370 ... fer=search
Last edited by romerojpg on 21 Mar 2011, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 21 Mar 2011, 18:42
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 21 Mar 2011, 18:53
Good quality BD and thankfully the original stereo DD is also included because the DTS-HD MA, whilst technically superior re-uses the same old 5.1 remix. Which makes the film almost unwatchable!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 21 Mar 2011, 18:58
The film is unwatchable, so it makes no difference
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 25 Mar 2011, 22:47
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 31 Mar 2011, 13:17
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 01 Apr 2011, 17:40
working class blu-ray fan