The General HD Releases Thread!
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Thanks Sam, will keep an eye out for that 
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Never cared for They Live.gasteropod wrote:They Live coming to US Blu-ray Nov. 6th:
Waiting for Prince of Darkness instead...
We couldn't be that lucky. Keep us posted on any news please.saltysam wrote:Dressed To Kill coming to France..maybe it'll have the mono http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dressed-t ... ray/49669/
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I just ended up getting the OOP DVD the other month.Markgway wrote:Waiting for Prince of Darkness instead...
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (BD) - October 1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcoc ... 27&sr=8-11
This must mean they have BD restorations for Vertigo and Rear Window somewhere. I dont want every film, just Rear Window, Vertigo and Man Who Knew Too Much and Psycho (and maybe Trouble with Harry and Frenzy).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcoc ... 27&sr=8-11
This must mean they have BD restorations for Vertigo and Rear Window somewhere. I dont want every film, just Rear Window, Vertigo and Man Who Knew Too Much and Psycho (and maybe Trouble with Harry and Frenzy).
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
If only someone had posted a dedicated thread.........................grim_tales wrote:Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (BD) - October 1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcoc ... 27&sr=8-11
This must mean they have BD restorations for Vertigo and Rear Window somewhere. I dont want every film, just Rear Window, Vertigo and Man Who Knew Too Much and Psycho (and maybe Trouble with Harry and Frenzy).
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
To be honest, I'm disappointed with pretty much every Hitchcock film I see, recently watched Vertigo for the first time and didn't think it was very good 
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
what's wrong with you?
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I have taste 
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
a bad one 
(yes, yes, I know...
)
(yes, yes, I know...
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Hitchcock was just a poor man's Clouzot anyway, totally ripped him offHungFist wrote:a bad one
(yes, yes, I know...)
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
gasteropod wrote:To be honest, I'm disappointed with pretty much every Hitchcock film I see, recently watched Vertigo for the first time and didn't think it was very good
gasteropod wrote:Hitchcock was just a poor man's Clouzot anyway, totally ripped him off
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Van Damme at last!! http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9216
working class blu-ray fan
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
saltysam wrote:Van Damme at last!! http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9216
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
MGM's Death Wish II BD is reportedly the censored R-rated version (89 mins).
Stupid when an uncut HD master exists.
Hopefully an uncut version will surface in Europe (not UK) at some point.
Stupid when an uncut HD master exists.
Hopefully an uncut version will surface in Europe (not UK) at some point.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Update: French DRESSED TO KILL Blu with English MONO!
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dressed-t ... ray/49678/
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dressed-t ... ray/49678/
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Hope it's the Unrated cut. Shame about the French title.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Very likely knowing the French.grim_tales wrote: Hope it's the Unrated cut.
May not affect the title card.Shame about the French title.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I'll wait for reviews and see if it has the same/other extras as the USA disc too 
Thanks for posting Mark
Thanks for posting Mark
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Halloween:Season Of The Witch Review http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 33/#Review
Halloween 2 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 32/#Review
Halloween 4 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 18/#Review
Halloween 5 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 19/#Review
Halloween 2 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 32/#Review
Halloween 4 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 18/#Review
Halloween 5 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween ... 19/#Review
working class blu-ray fan
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I wonder if Warners will bother actually submitting the uncut versions (of the Seagal films) to the BBFC or just put them out regardless as per usual?
We've already had one unofficial release of Above the Law (not one of my favourites TBH).
I have the US editions of the two Under Siege movies.
If they release Executive Decision (shame about the PC censorship) and Hard to Kill separately I would pick those up... otherwise I'll wait for a good price for the US single discs.
£25 is a fair price, but not for only two films I need.
We've already had one unofficial release of Above the Law (not one of my favourites TBH).
I have the US editions of the two Under Siege movies.
If they release Executive Decision (shame about the PC censorship) and Hard to Kill separately I would pick those up... otherwise I'll wait for a good price for the US single discs.
£25 is a fair price, but not for only two films I need.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Shout's 'Halloween II' BD looks excellent. Not 100% that the film's a keeper, but if I can get it for about a tenner (or bubbling under) I'd give it a shot.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Aparently disney have released a censored version of The Avengers on BD in the uk and also cut out a lot of special fetures including the director's commentary.
working class blu-ray fan

