The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
OMG I've really seen it all now. ROMERO correcting my Englishromerojpg wrote:Real english
"When the lovely Jolie punches the shark, classic."
:mrgreen: I cannot see anything wrong with the TR films, they feel a lot like Indiana films to me, just not quite as good, but I do like them both.
Romero is half right. Yes I should've added a comma but grammatically the sentence should be:
It’s hilarious when the lovely Angelina Jolie punches a shark, classic.
My sentence had no begginging and there is more than one shark so The shark was also incorrect.
@ Mark I assume you've not seen the film? Near the start Lara literally punches a CGI shark in the gob. It's so stupid you have to laugh.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
IMO she's a better personality than actress if that's the right word to use. I get the feeling she has much more interesting things to say in person than her acting abilities.Markgway wrote:And I'm not a fan of Angelina's either.
She's dam hot too!
Not so. I could've used a semicolon instead of a comma I guess but not a full stop.Markgway wrote:As long as we're correcting English it should be: ". Classic." and not ", classic."
We could be here all night
The sentence was mostly correct in the first place; much more so than others here ever bother with. It just made me chuckle Romero of all people correcting my (or anyone else's) English.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Nothing special really... good body that's about it.bradavon wrote:IMO she's a better personality than actress if that's the right word to use. I get the feeling she has much more interesting things to say in person than her acting abilities. She's dam hot too!
A full stop or a colon would've been appropriate. But neither a comma nor a semi-colon.Not so. I could've used a semicolon instead of a comma I guess but not a full stop. We could be here all night
It made no sense.The sentence was mostly correct in the first place
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
