The Bullets Discussion Thread!

Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

[quote][i]Originally posted by bradavon[/i]
This site I'm sad to say is slowly dying (it showed a lot of potentional when it started) so I'd unfortunately leave for the likes of Mini Pocky but that looks to be as bare as this one.

With DVD Debate know dying to, there isn't really a "small" forum left in the way me and Romero like. [/quote]

yep, it looks like it may get even deader round here, but then its not that suprising, with only a core group here in the first place and nothing to draw in new members to fill out discusions it was pretty likely to go this way.

but i figured that when we started discussing the future of BnB, the way I see it, once we have the site up and running a bit more (it will happen, and Im going to try and sort out a few features and news even if its just me collecting it all at first), reorganise the frums to suit as many peoples wishes as possible spread the word to the four corners of the net and hopefully people both new and old will se some value in looking at and posting on the site again.

And its not totally dying yet anyway, debate has had many quiet days such as these over the last 6 months and the community itself still seems pretty strong, since news of it eventual demise surfaced its been amazing how many people we assumed no longer visited the site reappeared having simply not posted for a while. :)
Image
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mordib[/i]
well nice to know i'm not the only one who knows how to sulk. ;)

didnt you actually ask me earlier in either this thread or another to take the reigns for a while? and did you also think we would sit and twiddle our thumbs for an unknown period of time waiting for you to return before doing anything?

The reality is whether its you, me, all of us, neither of us, things do need to get moving soon before what little interest people have left fades completely.

I dont give a toss whether some people dont like the idea of you admining, you got in at the ground floor, provided us a place to post when there was none, the only way you are not involved is if you actually really dont want to. the whole point of the posts above are to get as many people involved as possible, a community spirit is what we are missing at the moment, the more involvement people have the more part of it everyone will feel.

up to you dude, when you have finished with your other business there'll be plenty to do and your one of the centre parts of the team.:D [/quote]

Just go on without me. If I think something needs to be done, I'll input, but I'll take no active part in actually restoring BnB, especially with my GCSEs around the corner and a levels next year...
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Toge could please fix the e-mail bug at least. I'm sure it's a 2 mintue fix. It's really annoying getting an e-mail notification that is missing the /xmb part.

That's all I ask.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

[quote][i]Originally posted by bradavon[/i]
Toge could please fix the e-mail bug at least. I'm sure it's a 2 mintue fix. It's really annoying getting an e-mail notification that is missing the /xmb part.

That's all I ask. [/quote]

could you tell me if it is fixed now bradavon, havent ever recieved a notification from the board myself but hopefully ive fixed the problem. If not then i'lll have another look

m.
Image
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mordib[/i]

And its not totally dying yet anyway, debate has had many quiet days such as these over the last 6 months and the community itself still seems pretty strong, since news of it eventual demise surfaced its been amazing how many people we assumed no longer visited the site reappeared having simply not posted for a while. :) [/quote]


And therein lies the main problem. BnB as a net community has lost the majority of its core group of members from the "old" established forum, unlike dvddebate forum. Through good and bad, the main band of people always stuck around on dvddebate.

In the case of BnB, when Jenz's original BnB 'died', most of the regular members came back for Jenz's BnB Mach 2. But when that also went by the wayside, we lost about 40-50% of the regular userbase. For various reasons (which have been mentioned one way or the other) they don't want (or are unlikely to) come back to any subsequent incarnations of BnB. Some have cited Toge being a problem, whereas others say they will only come back if it will be as vibrant as the previous BnB. But its a vicious circle, as how can you get a forum buzzing without any members to start topics and join in etc.

One of the reasons that I haven't posted much is that there never seems to be anyone around when I come to the site.
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

See!? I knew some people thought I was the problem - not me personally, most of the time - but it's just someone else thats running BNB, not Jenz himself.
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

For the record I've always thought you've done a fab job, overall. This is also the only site trying to replace Bullets, the others weren't intended to do so.

Having said that there are more posts and people visiting than most people give this site credit. If people were to stop comparing to the Bullets of Jenz's days they'd see it's got more going for it than they think. It doesn't need much more to make it a fully fledged website. I have written half a dozen reviews (note: no DVD content is discussed) I'd be happy to donate to this site.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mordib[/i]
could you tell me if it is fixed now bradavon, havent ever recieved a notification from the board myself but hopefully ive fixed the problem. If not then i'lll have another look[/quote]
It's fixed, thanks a lot Mordib. It really used to annoy me having to amend the link in the e-mail.

[quote][i]Originally posted by brooce-leroy[/i]
Through good and bad, the main band of people always stuck around on dvddebate. [/quote]
I could be wrong but I sense the same would happen at DVD Debate if an outsider (not that Toge is an outsider anyway) came in.
User avatar
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 278
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 15:05

Post by Unrealnils »

I got no probs with toge but it seems that people are just movng on...........


im like bruce when i come on here noe ones around so i dont post as much, same with othere forums from old BnB members. In fact i now find myself mostly on the dvd forums throguh there sports and gaming/comp forum.

Im totally not clued up on new asian cinema any more :(
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

same ere... i'm lurking at dvdforums more now :D
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Apparently I am the problem and I forced people from Bullets (well according to certain people over at dvdforums, where I am banned yet again!!!!!!! for no reason!)



[quote]
im happy to see romero banned.

He has ruined a few other forums I used to go to and was responsible for the rapid decline at the bulletsnbabes forums with his stupidity and often over the top nonsense. Thats why i eventually stopped visiting bullets, seeing his inane posts and spouting general abusive rubbish ruined the place
[/quote]

posted by mr woo (who obviously doesnt know how to use the caps lock!) when I was banned! nice of him!

but a least I know why many are treating me like a twat and dissing me and pissing me off, its because they are total knobbers!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Apparently I am the problem and I forced people from Bullets (well according to certain people over at dvdforums, where I am banned yet again!!!!!!! for no reason!)[/quote]
They must have had a reason even if (probably) it was a weak one.

I'm sure you're not the main reason Romero. You are an acquired taste though :D . You remind me of Marmite sometimes :P :P . As many people find you annoying as funny.

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
posted by mr woo (who obviously doesnt know how to use the caps lock!) when I was banned! nice of him! [/quote]
Mr Woo virtually never posted at Bullets anyway so he can't really talk. It sounds like an excuse for someone who simply wasn't interested in posting.

Besides to claim you don't want to visit a forum because of [b]one[/b] member is very unfair and a cop out if you ask me. I really disliked Gil most of the time but it didn't stop me visiting the place.

p.s - What's the link for where you sourced that Romero?

[Edited on 13-2-2005 by bradavon]
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I cannot link as I am banned from dvdforums :D but its in the Transporter thread I started over there in mainstream, no idea why I am banned again! but hey fook it I guess definalty sad to ban me for no reason!
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

You're just a ban magnet. :D

[Edited on 13/2/2005 by brooce-leroy]
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Tell me about it :o
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Tell me about it :o [/quote]some have accused you of being a fanboy: whwere'd they get that idea:D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Well I am banned from DVDFORUMS for a strange reason

because of what I said on THIS forum!
now that basically proves what I have been saying, that people have had it in for me and treated me like shit from my 1st few posts! and you cannot even speak on another forum when your banned! as they will ban you again for good!

I could dwell on being banned, but really its easy to see who was wrong as nothing at all was said to or done about the people on dvdforums, yet I get banned! nice to know they are fair and dish out the punishment well on that site, and nice to know they ban you when you dont even breakl rules.

You would think I was personally attacking certian people! which I could have easily by showing everyone the posts they made, but hey I guess certain people have there reasons for being nasty and acting like children (and not getting banned!)


hey I dont even know what a FanBoy is, if someone could explain that to me in simple terms as a few people called me it when I liked a certain film, I think its a silly word, a bit like a Troll. hey better than being called all the other things some people said to me on there, a few people just acted like knobs and most the rest seemed great.


guess its Goodbye DVDFORUMS for me then, esspecially after this post! as they obviosuly read my crap.
User avatar
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 278
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 15:05

Post by Unrealnils »

what was the reasons you where banned i still dont get it :o
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

from whats been said it appears he was banned for enthusiastically complaining about dvdforums earlier in this thread on this site :P If true it certainly seems somewhat harsh consideration the size and scale of members over there ;)

haven't been banned from any dvd forums yet (to my knowledge), but then I tend not to post in places that are likely not to find my humour funny..

[Edited on 14-2-2005 by Mordib]
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I've not been able to sign up to DVD Forums due to them not accepting hotmail address, how stupid is that, that is my primary e-mail address that I use for everything, not stupid Outlook Express.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

[quote][i]Originally posted by gasteropod[/i]
I've not been able to sign up to DVD Forums due to them not accepting hotmail address, how stupid is that, that is my primary e-mail address that I use for everything, not stupid Outlook Express. [/quote]Huh? You can have Hotmail as your only email account and still use Outlook as your email manager.
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Nah I forgot my Outlook Express address years ago and it all fucked up lol
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

[quote]
from whats been said it appears he was banned for enthusiastically complaining about dvdforums earlier in this thread on this site If true it certainly seems somewhat harsh consideration the size and scale of members over there
[/quote]

Well I guess it shows you what people must run it if they ban people for that! or they people who run it just dont like me (thats more probable)

Its like me going down a pub and all the locals beating me to shit,
then I go to another pub and moan about them,
and I get banned from that other pub when the bouncers find out!

in other words its a bit strange and quite a ridiculous thing to do. I too have never beeen banned from anywhere, until this time that is, and basically for no reason at all!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Its like me going down a pub and all the locals beating me to shit,
then I go to another pub and moan about them,
and I get banned from that other pub when the bouncers find out![/quote]
That's maybe a bad example as that happens already :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Well I am banned from DVDFORUMS for a strange reason

because of what I said on THIS forum! [/quote]
It's not the first time they've done this (the mods at DVD Forums). Toge removed a sub-forum from this site because people complained about it on DVD Forums to the mods!

I doubt it will be the last time.

What did you say btw? It seems harsh to be banned for disagreeing with some policies at DVD Forums. We live in a democracy.

p.s - Personally I'd send a polite e-mail to the likes of Colin Polonski (sorry I've forgot the spelling) etc . . . Saying you've been unfairly treated.

[Edited on 14-2-2005 by bradavon]
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I said what I said on this forum on this thread!, I havent deleted or altered anything so read what I said here and that what I was banned for (I guess).

The only reason I said things was becuase people were giving me hard time and I knew I could say anything on that site without being banned.

It was Colin who told me why I was banned for my comments on this forum and I asked to be reinstated, but no email back so I just take it I am gone for good.

If he is the boss of the site then I cannot do a thing at all about it, apart from moan a little here and there :D wont get me anywhere, but it will make me feel better I guess.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm not sure if he's the boss but he's very high up the DVD Forums food chain. You were polite righht? How long ago did you e-mail him? I've found him a nice enough chap. He's the guy who is doing the BnB Restoration Project which I've helped out with in the past.

Did Colin say this forum or this thread? As apart from this minor comment I can't see much to complain about, maybe I'm missing something:

"unless theres nasty rules and people ban me like they have at DVDFORUMS!!!!!!! thats one classy site! (not!)"

[Edited on 14-2-2005 by bradavon]