The Bullets Discussion Thread!

User avatar
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 278
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 15:05

Post by Unrealnils »

[quote][i]Originally posted by bradavon[/i]
It's not the first time they've done this (the mods at DVD Forums). Toge removed a sub-forum from this site because people complained about it on DVD Forums to the mods!

[/quote]

which one ?? :o
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

Well, DVDForums style doesn't suite me (or Romero by the sounds of it :P) but then its a big big site, its very hard to keep control of such a behemoth without layout down rules which often dont seem reasonable to individuals. just visit Somethingawful .com for an example of authority that makes the mods on dvdforums look like friendly puppies in comparison!!

My view has always been that thats how they choose to run the site and if we, the general public, dont like it then we should just not go, its not reasonable to go to a place and expect them to change their policies to suit us. Especially when there are plenty of smaller forums with laxer rules we can visit. at the end of the day, everyone can be happy :)

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I like the DVD Forums for the wealth of content but don't post regulary as I find it to large.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Unrealnils[/i]
which one ?? :o [/quote]
For a short while there was a sub forum where you were allowed to discuss bootlegs, pornography and the like. As long as it didn't get out of hand.

Someone complained to the mods at The DVD Forums and Toge removed it.
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

so how is BnB getting along w/o me then? any progress?
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Have you decided to hand over the reigns?
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

If I have understood correctly from the above posts Toge has stepped aside for now, but hopefully you (Toge) realise theres plenty to do content wise, and I would be grateful for help if you are starting to have time again :)

action will begin this weekend, though nothing will appear for at least a few days except behind the scenes, first migrate this forums content onto a phpbb forum then build content for a front end for a week or two before launching that.

which reminds me, does anyone want to review any possibly (very likely) shit movies?? theyll all be never heard of before hkflicks (older ones though), youll get the disks sent out to you to keep, requirements will simply be the ability to take screen shots, write informatively and detailed and the ability to spell properly . Just an experiment at this stage to see if we can get some content going, if we can do that and maintain it then the site will be more inviting to new people and hopefully old people alike ;)

sound good?

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mordib[/i]
and the ability to spell properly.[/quote]
Well that knocks Romero off the list then :D

p.s - I don't have time sorry. I'd be interested in helping in other ways though.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Well I can review when I want to!
(never finished it properly, but its as good as some of the so called good reviewers on more reputable sites!, I wont name them!)

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/romerosavini25/page3.html

if I want to write well, I can, and I have the certificates to prove it! :P did a 25000 word essay for my finals and got barley no mistakes at all!

but that was for a reason, this is the net and I dont care on a forum, even if it is one I like :D
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mordib[/i]
which reminds me, does anyone want to review any possibly (very likely) shit movies?? theyll all be never heard of before hkflicks (older ones though), youll get the disks sent out to you to keep, requirements will simply be the ability to take screen shots, write informatively and detailed and the ability to spell properly.[/quote]Where do these films come from? I mean who is donating them?

And how shit would they be, lol?! You know I have the ability to do screenshots and to write reviews. Just lemme know who donates them and how shitty the films will be. Because I hate turning off a film I have to review.
Image
Guest

Post by Guest »

Whoa :D Just thought I'd pop over here after Mordib mentioned friction between the forums and this site in an email to see what the problem was! I'm not really sure where a lot of the things that have been posted came from but I thought I'd better clear up a couple of things to try and keep things friendly!

[b]romerojpg[/b] - you were banned the second time for a comment on another site, specifically DVD Debate regarding the fact that you think our site is awful - which is fine, but I'm not paying hundreds of pounds a month to subsidise people who don't want to be there so we thought we'd save you the trouble.

As for people mailing the mods complaining about a sub-forum here - I'm sorry but that's a load of twaddle as far as I know. Made me laugh though - the only issue with that is that we wouldn't be able to allow links here if the subforum bradavon describes was here. I certainly haven't asked anyone to remove anything and wouldn't do that either - I haven't even had any direct email contact with Toge as far as I remember!

I also need to defend the rules on the site - as a couple of people mentioned above, the forums are huge and we've had a huge number of legal hassles that 99% of the users don't know about. The rules have to be there to protect the site and to protect the sponsors and they do have to be followed tightly. I'd much rather have a smaller site with no rules, but that's not doable and as the site grows we HAVE to make sure that everything that goes on is above board otherwise I'd be the person standing in court at the end of the day.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

[quote][i]Originally posted by ColinP[/i]
[b]romerojpg[/b] - you were banned the second time for a comment on another site, specifically DVD Debate regarding the fact that you think our site is awful - which is fine, but I'm not paying hundreds of pounds a month to subsidise people who don't want to be there so we thought we'd save you the trouble. [/quote]

Hundreds of pounds a month?! Bloody hell
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I never said I didnt want to be there.

I made comments based on the fact I was treated like crap by some people, so I am not allowed to express my anger on other forums in small outbursts?

Many people I have read on many forums dont like the site, but they are still there and post all the time, doesnt mean people have to be banned for it.

But if that deserves a ban, then so be it, but I am far from happy now and may as well cry then :D

[Edited on 16-2-2005 by romerojpg]
Guest

Post by Guest »

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]I made comments based on the fact I was treated like crap by some people, so I am not allowed to express my anger on other forums in small outbursts?
[Edited on 16-2-2005 by romerojpg] [/quote]

This isn't the place for this argument as it's taking the thread off-topic. Feel free to mail me though.
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

This is not unusual for BnB... You have to look hard I think to find one thread here that somehow doesn't go off topic ;)
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

LOL that's one of the joys of the forum IMO.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I didnt think it was too bad as this thread is kind of odd and off topic, and seems to be read more than any other :)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with wazzabi and Brad re: the "what have you seen" thread, I like that thread but I think it would be easier if we just had 1 particular thread for 1 movie/DVD and discuss it like that. Maybe that thread can be kept for quick reviews though.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

as I said, start a thread for a film and post in what you seen as well, like most people did on the old site anyway, no harm in a 1 more thread.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

yep the review forum will definately be a goer and no boubt the post about what youve just seen thread will continue as well :)
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

a goer :) lets hope its announced and advertised big on other forums to get everone back :) I may change my sig on all the forums post on and that will (ohh better not no one will come then!) :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I like the new design of this forum, but how come under my username it says "Chuck Norris' left eyebrow" lol!
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D Maybe the ranking is messed up? Or maybe it stays like that till 70 posts, I dont know.
wazzabi
Jackie Chan's Little Toe
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Nov 2004, 13:18

Post by wazzabi »

A quick question, with the BnB Restoration Project going on and this forum being re-vamped. I was wondering whether the end product of all this will be a brand new BnB site i.e. with regular updates with the latest news, reviews etc, etc? Or will it just be that the BnB Restoration Project will be there just to house the content from the old site?
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

i'd like to make some contribution, but I have GCSEs to pass! and being chinese, my parents would lose face if i got anything less then 3 As, so I'm pretty much FUBARed until the summer. sorry guys. I'll try and do bits and bobs.
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

That's rather unfair on you. I say do your best, that's all your parents can expect.

p.s - To answer your question I imagine it will be a bit of both.