Show your desktop ! (56k warning)

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

She hasn't had a baby if thats what you're implying. Have you never sat down then stood up to find you have crease marks on your stomach? I know I have & I'm not exactly fat - I like to keep in shape but I still get them...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Yeah I have those all the time. It's because mostly I sit a bit bent forward, especially when I'm at the PC. I dont really have fat either, but it still sucks having creases like that (red stripes, right?)
I really should do sit-ups just so I wont have those creases anymore (they'd be camouflaged by the shadow of the six-pack... or in my case, 36-pack (even my six-pack has six-packs...)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

I'm not so sure about them being covered by the shadow of a six-pack (or a 36-pack!). I like to keep pretty trim & I have a six-pack but I still get creases, like you say after sitting at the PC. I get a couple of red stripes too.

Anyway, back on topic - Nicole from PCD is sooooooo fine!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

My latest:

Image
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

My latest:

Image

Am I the only one who posts on this thread anymore?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Well, mine's changed back from the Ikaruga ones to Rinoa again :). I did actually use that pic of Homer that LD posted a little while ago as well :D
But if your desktops are of that calibre, feel free to keep on posting ;)
Image
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

ok, here...
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Kurgan wrote:But if your desktops are of that calibre, feel free to keep on posting ;)
Don't you worry, I will keep posting them! :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Sorry to disappoint those few of us wanting more pics of Nicole from PCD but I've been watching way too much ER recently and Parminder Nagra is just sooooo hot!

So I'm back to this wallpaper I had a while ago:

Image
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Another 100 Internet Points to anyone who can tell what album I was listening to at the time of the screenshot :)

Image

On a side note, the gentleman who created the concept for the game has apparently worked with Hayao Miyazaki on art exhibitions.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

IM did you check out the Vodafone TBA show on late night C4 recently? It had the Pussycat Dolls at a horse race of all places.

It mixed in interviews with a show. The program was pretty good but really when you look at some of the PCDs they aren't that attractive at all.

Girls Aloud are much more naturally attractive.
Aivansama
Little White Dragon
Posts: 98
Joined: 24 Mar 2006, 12:56
Location: Finland

Post by Aivansama »

Image
Last edited by Aivansama on 31 Aug 2007, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

bradavon wrote:IM did you check out the Vodafone TBA show on late night C4 recently? It had the Pussycat Dolls at a horse race of all places.

It mixed in interviews with a show. The program was pretty good but really when you look at some of the PCDs they aren't that attractive at all.

Girls Aloud are much more naturally attractive.
No I missed that show. I'm not at all bothered about any of the other Pussycat Dolls, I just think Nicole is soooooooo pretty & she's got the most amazing body I have ever seen.

To me, Nicole is much more attractive than any of Girls Aloud.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

I take it that's an Active Desktop thing you've got there, Aivansama?

Oh, and Cheryl Tweedy is rather pretty from Girls Aloud. Maybe after a closer one-to-one with her and Nicole I'd be able to make up my mind between them...
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

That's a brilliant desktop, Sama. Where did you get it? does the calender work? I love good vector art.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Aivansama
Little White Dragon
Posts: 98
Joined: 24 Mar 2006, 12:56
Location: Finland

Post by Aivansama »

Kurgan wrote:I take it that's an Active Desktop thing you've got there, Aivansama?
It's merely a hacked uxtheme.dll, which enables Visual Style Support on Windows XP. The visual style I use mimics OS X and is named "SuperAqua".

Image

You can use program called UXTheme Multi-Patcher to hack the uxtheme.dll (Google should find it). Here are some instructions: http://cadmus.deviantart.com/journal/2419017/

In addition to that I use some big icons on desktop (ripped from Mac) and Konfabulator for widgets (the scrolling news feed and calendar). The newest version of Konfabulator is actually called Yahoo Widgets, but I haven't bothered to update it.

One site to download visual styles from is: http://themes.belchfire.net/themes_category-1.html

edit: If you decide to hack your uxtheme.dll (using whatever means), remember to backup the original first, just in case!!
Last edited by Aivansama on 10 Jul 2006, 22:05, edited 3 times in total.
Aivansama
Little White Dragon
Posts: 98
Joined: 24 Mar 2006, 12:56
Location: Finland

Post by Aivansama »

Yi-Long wrote:That's a brilliant desktop, Sama. Where did you get it? does the calender work? I love good vector art.
Yeah, the calendar works... it's just a Konfabulator widget (http://widgets.yahoo.com/). The background image is taken from a visual style pack called splitfire (http://www.customize.org/details/30340).

edit: clickable urls
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11925
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

Image
Aivansama
Little White Dragon
Posts: 98
Joined: 24 Mar 2006, 12:56
Location: Finland

Post by Aivansama »

I'm not using it as a background, but I thought this was a great image. You English-types should especially appreciate it. :lol:

Image
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Nice :D
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Here's my latest:

Image
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Nice, but what about more of those animated GIFs, eh?! :D
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

My current desktop wallpaper:

Image
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Ooh Kaley Cuoco is lovely! I watch 8 Simple Rules at work on a lunch time & she looks great as Brigdet in that show...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

she is in charmed too....still as dumb acting, but she is a good actresss....i watch 8 simple rules too lol
Post Reply