The Bullets BUGS Thread!

Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

And what's that 'Suck It' thing all about then? :lol:
Image
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

new toy ;)
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

It doesn't look very new or improved? :D What's with the "suck it" link?

p.s - Cheers btw.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Grim wrote:What does "gné" mean, is it like "Huh?"
Yeah, it's a french cross between "Gnah ?" and "Huh ?". :D
What's with the "suck it" link?
Apparently you can steal pictures from other websites with it. :lol:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

yeah, basically removes any excuse for leeching images from other sites.(as in using their bandwidth)
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

It's barely a bug, but still...

When I click on "suck it", it says:
"you suck. log in first."

even though I already am logged in.
I have to refresh the page to access the "suck it" feature.

Fixable ? :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

lol, thats actually remnants from the site I originally made it for, i will attempt to remove it soon.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

As per the working link it's board not bored :D (no Iron Monkey I'm not correcting anyone's English!)

What an excellent idea, saves having to download then re-upload the image again. It might be an idea to make it more obvious, maybe a link in the images area?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, I had no idea what it was.....

I'll try it out sometime.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Check it out, it's really cool. You need to Reload the page as Tom says for it to appear properly.

It becomes obvious when you actually use it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Mordib wrote:image uploader is fixed
Are you sure? :D I can't seem to delete and I have one of Tom's and one of Eva's images in my list. It looks like the sucka is screwed.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Deletion works for me.
And the last 3 images are not meant to be yours AFAIK.

They're meant to be the last 3 images uploaded, period. :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh yes so it is, weird. Why would I need to know that?

You can delete images but not ones you "suck", in fact despite being in your physical directory I don't know where they go.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

spoiler tags aren't working for me anymore
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

You're right I'll let Mordib know. Thanks for posting about it.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

"Suck It" doesn't work any more, please fix it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Neither does "Your Images". Mark reported them a few days back and I've pm'ed Mordib.

Thanks for posting anyway.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

What was "Suck it" anyway?
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Very useful.

It's at the top of all Bullets windows, you'd copy the url of a image link into it's field and click "suck it" it would then copy the image from said url to Bullets and provide you with a Bullets friendly non-leaching url.

It would even provide the BB code ready to copy/paste. It saved loads of time getting photos ready for Bullets, without having to leach them.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Cool! Never knew that. Needless to say that we need all thee features back.
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Now the "Your Images" uploading facility is broken as well. No offence, but having one spammer is no reason to disable ALL the useful features of the forums, disabling Quick Reply was enough.

How does disabling the imaging uploading facilities aid in thwarting a spammer?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Already posted above thanks Eva.

They could be the knock on affect of changing the forum software but that's just a guess.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

unfortunately i only had a brief amount of time it being christmas and all to do something the other day, so i upgraded the forum which unfortunately knocked out all my mods to the forum. i will find some time next week to put them back in again, apologies for the delay.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

No worries. Thanks for updating things.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Any luck getting those mods going then? I don't mean to pressure you, but I really really miss them. :(