Broken headphone socket on laptop!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Broken headphone socket on laptop!

Post by gasteropod »

Argh, last night I accidentally stood on my audio lead, ripping it out of my laptop, and now no sound will come out of the headphone socket. Is there anything I can do? I'm thinking about going to computer repair shops and asking if they can fix it, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they can to be honest.

Uhhh, gutted.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Try uninstalling the driver, then reinstall the latest driver from the net.

Otherwise get it serviced by the manufacturer, whether it is under warranty or not.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Open it up and have a look. It's probably something very simple and easily repairable.