AMD or Intel?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere

So, which is it?

AMD roolz! Intel sucks!
6
67%
Intel good! AMD yuck!
3
33%
Haha!! Screw your pathetic poll, I have a Mac!
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 9

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Ah no. 1.8 = 1.8GHz dummy.
Ah no dummy that's the clock speed which isn't always the as the actual Mhz/Ghz equivalent speed. In this case I looked it up on Google and the Pentium 4 1.8A Northwood is said to be 2.46Ghz, another link said the AMD Athlon XP 2500+ was roughly equivalent to a P4 2.4Ghz, and in the case of the Athlon XP 2500+ it's clock speed is 1800Mhz but that's not it's equivalent speed.

There's no way the Athlon XP is the same speed as an actual P4 1.8Mhz.
EvaUnit02 wrote:That laptop has a GF7300Go.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=68669
But honestly you should be happy with either or, both should be able to handle Aero fine.
Are you sure it's from 2002? I find it very hard to believe. The 7300 is found in almost all laptops at the £650-800 price bracket, that and the ATI 1400. If so I guess it's easier to convert that into a Mobile GPU.

Actually I'd be surprised if a 2002 chip could handle Aero. My ATI 9200SE desktop graphics card is from 2002/2003 and it cannot handle Aero.

But yes all it needs to handle is Aero, Flip 3D, the rest of the Vista gubbins + 7Mp photos. So it'll be fine. I don't care at would struggle with any modern computer game, few laptop graphics cards could (unless you want to spend a small fortune).
EvaUnit02 wrote:You going to uninstall Windows Media Center? That seems to be the most useless feature in Home Premium. Business looks to be so much better, with shit like Shadow Copy. Too bad it's like 1/3+ the price of Home Premium. I can get Business for free legally. :P
I doubt you can uninstall MCE, you can't uninstall crud like Netmeeting (who on earth uses it?), Windows Movie Maker, Outlook Express and a slew of other stuff. Sure some you can manually remove but that's very messy.

Besides MCE is part of the reason I want HP I like it. I won't be using it often (WMP11 will do that) but it will be fun when I have friends round. In the front room plugged into the LCD.

I've seen some reasonably priced Vista Business laptops.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote: Are you sure it's from 2002? I find it very hard to believe. The 7300 is found in almost all laptops at the £650-800 price bracket, that and the ATI 1400. If so I guess it's easier to convert that into a Mobile GPU.
Moron, I was pulling your leg. You made a typo in your last post - Geforce 5300. The 5 series Geforce (aka Geforce FX) was released in 2002.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

He he oh yeah, cheers.