A few days ago I was messing around with Hotmail, grouping the messages in "From" or "Size" order in my inbox just to see what would happen - but now "New" messages are no longer placed together, so its a pain to find them. How do I get it back to its default setting?
Hotmail question
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Hotmail question
Hey,
A few days ago I was messing around with Hotmail, grouping the messages in "From" or "Size" order in my inbox just to see what would happen - but now "New" messages are no longer placed together, so its a pain to find them. How do I get it back to its default setting?
A few days ago I was messing around with Hotmail, grouping the messages in "From" or "Size" order in my inbox just to see what would happen - but now "New" messages are no longer placed together, so its a pain to find them. How do I get it back to its default setting?
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Not so Mr. Eva or not strictly so anyway. I've had a Hotmail account for eons and never ever get spam. Why? Because I virtually never give it out. I only have it for A: If I have to give an address but don't trust the source, B: As it connects to MSN nicely and C: When looking for a job I didn't want Job mail going to my main account.
I use it when I want to keep e-mails separate from my main address. I also have a third non-Web based e-mail which I use very rarely if I need to send/receive an e-mail larger than 10Mb, both Yahoo and Hotmail still have this restriction.
That said I've never been a particular fan of Hotmail right back to the days when they only gave you a pathetic 2Mb. The main problem I have with them is their completely lack of connect-ability (i.e - No POP3 support) meaning the ONLY Offline e-mail programs that support Hotmail are Outlook Express 4-6, Outlook 2003 & 2007 and Windows Live Mail Desktop.
Not even Vista's very own Windows Mail supports the proprietary Hotmail protocol, which when it sync is a mess IMO. It gets madder when you realise Microsoft's very own Windows Mobile E-mail support isn't Hotmail compatible (POP3/IMAP only), or at least wasn't when I bought my current phone about 2 years ago. They may have added it now.
The interface new or old is clunky too (the old interface was REALLY clunky). I much prefer Yahoo Mail and always have.
Order by date does what it says it does and always has.
p.s - If you dislike the new Hotmail look you can always go back to the old one. They've not discontinued it yet.
I use it when I want to keep e-mails separate from my main address. I also have a third non-Web based e-mail which I use very rarely if I need to send/receive an e-mail larger than 10Mb, both Yahoo and Hotmail still have this restriction.
That said I've never been a particular fan of Hotmail right back to the days when they only gave you a pathetic 2Mb. The main problem I have with them is their completely lack of connect-ability (i.e - No POP3 support) meaning the ONLY Offline e-mail programs that support Hotmail are Outlook Express 4-6, Outlook 2003 & 2007 and Windows Live Mail Desktop.
Not even Vista's very own Windows Mail supports the proprietary Hotmail protocol, which when it sync is a mess IMO. It gets madder when you realise Microsoft's very own Windows Mobile E-mail support isn't Hotmail compatible (POP3/IMAP only), or at least wasn't when I bought my current phone about 2 years ago. They may have added it now.
The interface new or old is clunky too (the old interface was REALLY clunky). I much prefer Yahoo Mail and always have.
You just had the wrong filter set is all, you talk like it's been redesigned when it hasn't.grim_tales wrote:The way it used to be was that each "new" or unread message would immediately follow the other. Its not like that anymore. But what LD said works fine
Order by date does what it says it does and always has.
p.s - If you dislike the new Hotmail look you can always go back to the old one. They've not discontinued it yet.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
The two hotmail accounts that I've had since 2001 big to differ. Loads and loads of spam, not that I care as I use one solely for MSN and the other for nothing.bradavon wrote:Not so Mr. Eva or not strictly so anyway. I've had a Hotmail account for eons and never ever get spam. Why? Because I virtually never give it out. I only have it for A: If I have to give an address but don't trust the source, B: As it connects to MSN nicely
