Yi-Long wrote:Thanks Eva. It is a PCI. So what would be the best (cheap) videocard option for a PCI slot?
But is it an old school PCI expansion card or a proper PCI-Express card?
PCI-Express*16 is the standard BUS for modern graphics cards.
Yi, go Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Geforce whatever. Tell us what the BUS type is. (You might have to enable the classic Nvidia control panel if the bloated new one loads on default.)
Yi-Long wrote:Thanks Eva. It is a PCI. So what would be the best (cheap) videocard option for a PCI slot?
But is it an old school PCI expansion card or a proper PCI-Express card?
PCI-Express*16 is the standard BUS for modern graphics cards.
Yi, go Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Geforce whatever. Tell us what the BUS type is. (You might have to enable the classic Nvidia control panel if the bloated new one loads on default.)
Thanks Eva. Seems like I have the new one...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Just got mario strikers for the Wii, jesus its mental!
really good online mode, it like a cross between fifa meets mario kart meets shaolin soccer. really good
Anyone else got it and ready for some online hilarity!!!!
I've got the game and it's true; it's just nuts
Only played for about 30 minutes or so, but it's a lot of fun. The rough tackles are the best bit; kinda like Speedball
I have RedCard for the 'Cube, TBH I find the "wacky" special stuff annoying (you can't turn it off) and I find myself 3-0 down to Dolphins for no reason so I gave up
Kurgan wrote:I've got the game and it's true; it's just nuts
Only played for about 30 minutes or so, but it's a lot of fun. The rough tackles are the best bit; kinda like Speedball
Do you have someone saying, "Ice Cream... Ice Cream"
Oh wait that Speedball 2
grim_tales wrote:I have RedCard for the 'Cube, TBH I find the "wacky" special stuff annoying (you can't turn it off) and I find myself 3-0 down to Dolphins for no reason so I gave up
Those Midway arcadey sports games are nuts. My friend had their NBA one for PS2 I think.
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 26 May 2007, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
well the nintendo servers buggered up yesterday. played online for a while won 4 lost 20, then at about 3 or 4 the servers went down(pesky school kids)
but the servers are back online now, i'm ranked joint 2000+ in the league, its incredibly addictive
Highlight has to be the jungle level with a hurricane blowing, and a cow ('twister 'stylee) taking out half my opponents team
lowlight has to be a game which went into sudden death and lasted another 9 mins, my arm is killing
I've just played a few matches against my brother on the first level (The Vine, I believe it's called) and even just that is just loadsa fun. I'm getting to grips with it slowly, so it'll be a little while before I'm going online for any challenges, but rest assured it'll happen
EvaUnit02 wrote:Deus Ex is fantastic, I don't know why I hadn't played it years ago.
I've actually played that, and quite enjoyed it. It a cool Cyberpunk style game, very customisable. Mmm I don't know about playing this or the sequel on a console, personally I think it is better suited to a PC. An old game which was also good was System Shock 2, that had great atmosphere, I know they are different style of games, But when I played Deus Ex it was also around the time I played System Shock 2
slasher13 wrote:An old game which was also good was System Shock 2, that had great atmosphere, I know they are different style of games, But when I played Deus Ex it was also around the time I played System Shock 2
Actually Deus Ex's creative lead was Warren Spector, the man who was behind System Shock 1. I plan on playing SS2 next, with the HD texture and model replacement packs installed (cuz the game's graphics are really icky.).
Bioshock doesn't look too good to me, just another console game, they're all too similar. I hate how the PC has been abandoned for simplified mass market games, nothing good comes out these days. :/
Stilling playing through Xenogears on PSP (PSX Emulation), its great. I love this game, although I am still on Disk 1. I finished killing off the Dora robot, he was bloody hard, and I've come upto a point of the demon mecha.. The music is soo beautiful for this. Wow..
Also Checkout the following comparision on Resident Evil 4, WII vs GC, I can't see any difference in graphics. Here is the link
I finished Deus Ex last night. It's like fucking brilliant, who would've thought that a game could have such a rich story? (No, your average Japanese RPG like Final Fantasy have terrible plots.) My favourite ending is the "Ghost in the Shell" one where he merges with Helios.
EvaUnit02 wrote:I finished Deus Ex last night. It's like fucking brilliant, who would've thought that a game could have such a rich story? (No, your average Japanese RPG like Final Fantasy have terrible plots.) My favourite ending is the "Ghost in the Shell" one where he merges with Helios.
I finished it earlier myself. I have to admit I don't like it as much as I used to, it's an excellent game, I'm just too familiar with it. I know the whole plot and all the missions. But I still love the horrible accents, they're so bad it's funny. Tong's ending is my preferred one, it doesn't make much sense (all you're doing is destroying the net) but I get a little rush from it. And the quote is just excellent.
Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth…
-Kahlil Gibran"
Not sure what to play next. I've played all the good games too many times.