Green tint on DVDs

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Green tint on DVDs

Post by gasteropod »

Hey, I connected my DVD player to my LCD screen in the RGB port, but it is green tinted. Is this some kind of anti-piracy thing? I've had to plug it in the other SCART which has inferior picture quality. Anything else I can do?

Cheers.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Use component.

The Datel Action Replay and DVD Region X could bypass the RGB green tint on PS2.

You're watching DVDs on your PS3 via RGB? Googling tells me that PS3 has inherited the PS2's playback flaw. With PS3 use HDMI, DVI-D, VGA or component.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

That is an annoying protection trick they pulled. You can use an RGB Scart cable but need some software you load first to get around it.