Shenmue 3 (and 1 and 2) coming to 360!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Shenmue 3 (and 1 and 2) coming to 360!

Post by Yi-Long »

Nice news for the SEGA fans.

Shenmue 3, as well as Shenmue 1 + 2 PLUS, will be showing at the Tokyo gameshow!

Awesome news, if this all goes ahead. Also hoping they'll leave the japanese voices in, as Shenmue 1 was ruined by the english dub...

Here's the whole list, with interesting titles in BOLD


Alien Syndrome (Wii, PSP)
After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)
Beijing 2008: the Official Videogame of the Olympic Games (PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, PC)
ChuChu Rocket! (XBLA, PC)
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)
Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (XBLA, PC)
Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox 360, PS3)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, DS)
Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms Visit (PC)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2, Xbox 360, PC)
Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)
Sega Classics Collection 2 (PS2,PSP)
Sega Rally Revo (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, PC)
Sega Superstar 2 (Wii)
Shenmue 3 (Xbox 360)
Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox 360)
Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)
Sonic Rush Adventure (DS)
Sonic the RPG (Xbox 360, PS3)
Space Channel 5 Part 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii, DS, PSP)
The Club (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
The Golden Compass (PS2, PC, DS, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3, Wii)
The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox 360, PC)
Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (Wii)
Worldwide Soccer Manager Live (Xbox 360, PC)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)


Will the House of the Dead 4 announcement mean there will be a light-gun released for Xbox?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Lovely news. Cheers Yi.

You played NiGHTS: Into Dreams on the Saturn? It rawked.

Oh and a new Space Channel is not interesting news at all. The only interesting rhythm games coming out are Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3.

I hope that we get an English version of Yakuza 2 for PS2.

Virtua Fighter 5 is already out on PS3. 360 version coming in near future.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Yeah I didnt quite get why they would show VF5 on the TGS. Maybe to show of the 360 version or something to the japanese gamers, as it has many fans in Japan.

I havent played Nights. I never owned a Saturn. so that's a shame. I hear it's a great game which gives you a nice sensation of flying or whatever.

I personally didnt care much for Space Channel on the DC, but that had a lot to do with me having no rythm whatsoever. I just sucked at it :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Damnit! It looks like I will be getting an X-360 and PS3 now. I hate money.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Shenmue 3.. Pfff.
I've never played Shenmue 1/2, would love to try it though :)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

It's been confirmed that the Shenmue things coming to 360 are a hoax. :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Who confirmed it and where?
It would suck if it was a hoax, although the list does look like a sega-fan's wet dream...

Samba di Amigo for PSP sounds a bit weird though...

Ah well... finger's crossed shenmue is coming... but if it isnt, I'm leading the pack of angry fanboys with torches to whoever started this rumour...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yi-Long wrote:Who confirmed it and where?
It would suck if it was a hoax, although the list does look like a sega-fan's wet dream...
NeoGAF, amongst other game sites. It was hoax by some Korean site. :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

BTW... it COULD still be true. Microsoft announced they'll have a big announcement (yeah!) on wednesday, and is asking any press who might hear about the news beforehand, to keep it to themselfs.

This could ofcourse be the much rumoured pricedrop... but maybe it's the announcement of them scooping the exclusive rights to Shenmue.

How well did Shenmue do in Japan btw? Or did most Japanese people miss it because it was only on DC and (Part 2) on Xbox?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yi-Long wrote:How well did Shenmue do in Japan btw?
Well enough for games released on a failed console (DC).
Or did most Japanese people miss it because it was only on DC and (Part 2) on Xbox?
If they had ported both games to PS2 years ago, we'd probably have Shenmue 3 by now.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

EvaUnit02 wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Who confirmed it and where?
It would suck if it was a hoax, although the list does look like a sega-fan's wet dream...
NeoGAF, amongst other game sites. It was hoax by some Korean site. :(
Gawd... this is the final straw! First no decent release of My Sassy Girl, and now THIS!? Time to bomb Korea!
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Looks like the entire announcement is a hoax, so no Space Channel 3 for you Dutchie boy.