DVD Profiler 3.0.2 - New official release!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

maybe next month I'll upgrade. right now I cant afford it tho. did like the free service tho, but i understand they cant really run a service like that for free.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Downgrade to 2.4.
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

was using it, but it was like you have to update to this and stuff
but its np. 3.0 will do for now
supposed i can spare £15 next month sometime.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Are you saying in Shenglish ( ;) ) that you couldn't use 2.4 any more, as it wouldn't let you upload?
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

yup, it wouldn't refresh profiles or something. i do like the 3.0 interface tho.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

I've just upgraded Profiler to Unlimited registration. I "think" I downloaded the hires covers but they dont look any different to me :?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Good man. You need to click on:

* The Tools menu
* Then Refresh All Images

Have you done that? Presuming you've entered the new code.

I've not used the Free version for years but I remember the Free ones are tiny. They're a decent size (you can usually read the text) on the Paid version.

Also on the left side you can now choice "View as Thumbnails". It looks much better than a list. It is the button to the right of where it says how many DVDs you have in your collection.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Think I refreshed all images :)
My word you're right, "View as Thumbnails" looks so much better than a list :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Well have you clicked Tools and Refresh images or not? ;)

View as Thumbnails is great isn't it. When mates come round to watch a movie I open DVD Profiler so they can choice, it looks really flashy :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I refreshed all images yeah, also in Tools it is set to High Quality Images anyway, but I ticked "High Quality Resize".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Those are the options I have.

Are the images a reasonable or a tiny size? With DVD Profiler closed you could go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default\Images

Where XXX is your username. Once in there delete the entire contents of the folder (except the Thumbnails subfolder) to the Recycle Bin. Once down re-open DVD Profiler and you'll obviously see all photos missing. Then Refresh Images again.

As I've now got Vista I'm guessing that will be the XP path. I'm pretty sure it's correct. Remember if it doesn't work you can always restore the JPEGs from the Recycle Bin.

p.s - The High Res. images should be about 500x680.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

When I click on the online link to see my collection (not open Profiler) the images are about 160x224 (pixels).
I'm assuming 500x680 is the full size?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Don't tell me you've been talking about the "online" images all along? Grim read the website :D. Online images are not and have never been High Res. When you buy DVD Profiler you get access to High Res. images in the software.

Yes 500x680 is the Full Size, as in High Res. silly ;)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

That's OK then :wink:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

was thinking of getting this-is it any good?do you have to type in the upc number of your dvds.as i have 100's and it'll be a pain the arse.is everything on there,i have some obscure stuff i'd hope i could put on
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Almost everything yes, some very obscure stuff. It can take a few weeks for new releases to appear, some times they're on there before release though.

You can enter titles by searching, UPC or inserting the DVD (which doesn't work very well). It will only take 30 minutes or so to enter the UPC numbers. I add titles as and when I get them so it's nice and easy now.

You can also contribute your own listing if it isn't listed. I used to do this but cannot be bothered any more (it takes to long) and just pick another region if it's not on there.

It's definitely worth it. Give the free version a go.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

it'll take me more than 30 minutes to input 1000 plus upc codes from dvds,hd-dvds and blu-rays,i'm not superman lol 8)
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Okay 45 minutes, seriously when you get going it will take no time. You can enter all the UPCs in one go (well as quick as you can type the numbers) then leave it to download the info and art.