The Bullets Discussion Thread!

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Loose face! crikey its your life, not theres!
they cannot make you work hard, its life and things happen to change you, if your parents are disapointed then so be it, but to loose face seems a bad reflection on you, and you can only try as hard as you able to surley :(


anyway Love the avatar B :lol: (we need a proper laffing smiley as this ones crap )
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

wazzabi wrote:A quick question, with the BnB Restoration Project going on and this forum being re-vamped. I was wondering whether the end product of all this will be a brand new BnB site i.e. with regular updates with the latest news, reviews etc, etc? Or will it just be that the BnB Restoration Project will be there just to house the content from the old site?
the grand idea is for it to be a site with regular updates and reviews, but it all depends on people who have got the time willing to spend the tiime to make it all happen. I have a few volunteers so far for doing some reviewing, hopefully someone will want to take on collecting news and user reviews are going to be a much bigger part of the site than many sites.

I doubt it will ever become a ultra proffessional venture, but we will try and make it a fun, useful and lively place to visit :)

anyone up for collecting news? it basically involves scouring lots of pr sites, other news site. Patience and politeness a definate bonus if we are actually able to convince any of the distributors/company to send us info/review discs ;)


Toge, I look forward to summer then, I hope the exams go really well, feel free to try your hand at stuff like the post hack ( will do it at the weekend if you havent got time if I can figure out how), just make a backup of the files you change and keep me informed of anything your going to try so we dont duplicate efforts ;) oh and the multimad mod thingy is already installed.

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Now renamed.

Formally known as "Go ahead without Toge?".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Titles too long?...

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

Sometimes I've noticed that a title seems to be too long for a topic (when you look at it in the index). Is there anyway to rectify this?
For example one recent thread in the Mainstream DVD Forum was "Gladiator New SE - aka SE's no-one asked for" - I could type it in the subject header fine, but when I looked at the actual title in the thread not all the letters were there. :?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

You made me a Super Mod :D :)
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

do you have any powers though, like merge, sticky, delete and move... thats the problem, i can give the fancy titles but it doesnt appear to be granting any privelages... hopefully that is fixed now. also your subject title lngth should be fixed for all future threads... the previous character limit was 60, thats now been bumped up to 128

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

merge - no
split - yes
sticky - yes
delete - yes
move - yes
lock - yes
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I've added two news forums please use as appropriate. I'm trying to keep "Anything Goes" to what it should really be used for.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I could be in a minority here, but I would have preferred the discussion threads to have stayed in the anything goes thread, as it means a nice mix of light and heavier topics, like the anything goes area has always been known as and loved for...

In a forum with relatively few users, I dont think there should be too many sub-forums, cause as a result some sub-forums hardly have anything new in them, causing people to check back in less often... causing the forum to become a bit too quiet...

Plus I don't like browsing through all the subforums to just find 1 or 2 updated threads. It's much nicer to venture into the Anything Goes and find a handfull updated threads where all sorts aof things are being discussed...

But I could be in the minority ofcourse. Just my 2 cents...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

By all means add this as a rule if you like.

You've got a point. I just think it makes the site look more organised and efficiently laid out.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with Yi-Long on this issue, by omitting "heavy" topics from that forum, its not Anything Goes ;) I liked the mixture in there. Still the only way to get people posting/visting the other forums is to post in there yourself! :D
I'm Kent Brockman, and thats My Two Cents... ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Are you constantly on laughing gas? :wink:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

No :) Shall I use other smileys?
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

always rememebr the oh so wonderful 'View posts since last visit' button in the top right of the forum index, it completely removes the need to search through the different sub forums and unlike with phpbb2 incarnations actually appears to work with this one...touch wood ;)

there are something like 300 smilies available on this board right now, way too many, but its not doing any harm having them there so for now... :wav:
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Shall I use other smileys?
LOL please but only if you want to. I was well surprised when I had a look at "View more emoticons".

Mordib is it possible to increase the default ones? As most people only use those. I do.
User avatar
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 278
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 15:05

Post by Unrealnils »

Wheres the woot smiley gone :cry:
Constantly M.I.A
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

eh?? theres about 300 smileys available and no woot smiley??!! what did the woot smiley look like?? i will happily add i ;)

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

LOL trust you Nils to not post for months and then post asking for the woot smiley :D . I still don't have a scooby do what a woot is?
User avatar
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 278
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 15:05

Post by Unrealnils »

Mordib wrote:eh?? theres about 300 smileys available and no woot smiley??!! what did the woot smiley look like?? i will happily add i ;)

m.

Well the thing is boss, you are the new boss right :D hey im a bit late comeint to work :D

yeha thing is im not sure what the woot smiley looks like its been ages :lol: just know its missing :D


Hey Brad i have no clue either its jsut some crazy net talk but i now say woot woot in real life when something happens ......... :oops:
Constantly M.I.A
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

hows about...

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot::woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot::woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Any news on the forum rules and/or forum layout? i.e - The logo at the top being activated.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

nope, forum layout wise I should really get rid of my prettyness thats up top at the moment, doesnt look correct in explorer anyway :( It seems clear that people are happy with this place as a forum rather than a fully fledged news and review site, or at least don't have the time each week to put into the place to make it all happen.

As for the rules, with the exception of a few minor things they are pretty much ready as you know (since you were the one that kindly lent me your time to come up with many of them and bounce others off to see if they made sense!), there just hasn't been any particular need to put them up, everyones behaving, the nearest we are getting to new members are original members returning, common sense appears to be ruling the day...

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Any chance I could take a gander of them? I should probably e-mail you about this :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

SMILEYS

Post by grim_tales »

Do you think we should have more smileys? :)

I liked the clapping smiley and the Not Worthy one from Jenz's Bullets (Mk II), I also think the lol smiley on Old Bullets was better :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: SMILEYS

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Do you think we should have more smileys? :)
No there are flipping hundreds. To many in some ways it can be hard to choice a decent one.