The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

That picture never gets old :lol:
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Bad idea, Mark. Bad idea...

Image
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

:lol:
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I won't get the chance to say this on the right day, so here goes:
Merry Christmas to all ! :)

Image

Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.

300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting. :lol:

Be back on the 26th.


Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?
Image

Take care, guys (and gals) :salute:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:I won't get the chance to say this on the right day, so here goes:
Merry Christmas to all ! :)

Image

Got last-minute plans with the girlfriend.
We're going to the Alps this afternoon.

300 Kms of road with a useless left foot, and I'm the one who's driving.
Gear changes will be interesting. :lol:

Be back on the 26th.


Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, eh ?

Image

Take care, guys (and gals) :salute:
Like what? Like driving past some very deep cliffs with a useless left foot?

Farewell Tom ;)

Have a good Xmas, and make it back alive and well... :)
Who's taking care of the cats btw?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

And a Joyeux Noël to you too, mon ami :)

Be careful out there :)
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Joyeux Noel et bonnes vacances, Tom :)

(sp?) :wink:
Take care.
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 16:39

Post by Godzooki »

Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.

Cant wait to start!! :D
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Tigercage wrote:Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.

Cant wait to start!! :D
Wow... sounds like a cool job :) Good luck with that...
Damn you're so lucky to have found such a great job which allows you to pick your nose while traveling the world :P

BTW, anyone heard about the massive 200 car pile-up in the south of France? I hope Tom is OK... sounds like something he'd get himself involved in.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
killerj69
Jackie Chan's BIG toe
Posts: 33
Joined: 19 Dec 2006, 17:02

Post by killerj69 »

Yi-Long wrote:
Tigercage wrote:Got a new job yesterday, working for the same company as a flex manager subject to accepting t&c's. Main duties will be project work throughout the UK, India and North America.

Cant wait to start!! :D
Wow... sounds like a cool job :) Good luck with that...
Damn you're so lucky to have found such a great job which allows you to pick your nose while traveling the world :P

BTW, anyone heard about the massive 200 car pile-up in the south of France? I hope Tom is OK... sounds like something he'd get himself involved in.
I hope he didnt cause it!!...He was worried about those gear changes with his dodgy left foot wasnt he?? :|
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I hope he didnt cause it!!...He was worried about those gear changes with his dodgy left foot wasnt he??


:lol: :lol:

Nope, wasn't me.
But I think I killed the clutch. :?
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

tom2681 wrote:Nope, wasn't me.
But I think I killed the clutch. :?
Well, you shouldn't let your girlfriend play with your stick. :wink:
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

*goes into TV rant*

We keep losing reception all the time on our TV(s) now and it's pissing me off :evil: I don't know whether its the roof ariel, TV point leads or whatever, but this has been happening for a while now (where one minute you have an "OK" picture and then you lose it for no reason).
Could be a dodgy lead, connections, I don't know. But if it happens any more I'll call the ariel repair guy to fix the reception. :roll:

I'd like a de3cent ariel for Freeview/my own bedroom TV point like I used to have.

*End rant*

:D
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

argh, i gotta write 2, 1500 word essays on Ferris Bueller and The Grudge. God, its hard. i dont like either film! and the narrative and genre are hard to comment about. it sucks more since i missed class so much and the teachers havent sent anywork and pretty much ignored me, so i've got no help on this! damn im struggling only 207 words in on the first one....to be done for tuesday...

*cries*

:shock:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Just check sites like wikipedia etc for inspiration and information...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller

When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...

The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

Yi-Long wrote:Just check sites like wikipedia etc for inspiration and information...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_bueller

When I had to do a simple review on One flew over the Cuckoos Nest, I watched the movie a few times, and read every article about it that was online. I think I also watched all the extra's on the DVD, and not sure if I listened to a commentary or not (not sure), but if it was on the DVD I'm sure I listened to it...

The more you know about something, the more options and angles you'll have about writing something about it...
its not the whole movie we write about, just a 7 minute sequence, and the narrative and genre, how it fits what it does etc. doesnt help that i dont like the films. i can give a character analysis, and comment on the linear narrative that it uses. but not really the narrative content. once i get past that, the genre is no problem.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Pity it's probably fake :D -

Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

We had to one of those type of essays Shen, about The Matrix :D Yes the sodding Matrix :D
I enjoyed the film though, much moreso than the 2 sequels.
I'm plesed that I grew to like the films we studied in our course - or at least appreciated them - Millions Like Us, Went The Day Well? etc, for British war movies - Wicker Man is a British classic, and CKE and Chinese Ghost Story (we did them for World Cinema) are tops 8)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Pity it's probably fake :D -

Image
Nope they are real, theres a whole series of them, even christmas ones :) not in the UK sadly, but they are 100% real.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

This forum is like a sitcom.
All the stereotypes in the world under the same roof.

You've got Gojensen, the wise grandpa who's always saying stuff like "In my days it was different / When you'll grow up, you'll understand).

Tom, the dad, is a psychopathic cat-loving patriotic frenchman who's got a Chow Yun-Fat smiley in his signature. In every episode he gets hit by a car or a tree for no reason.

Brad, the mom, is always afraid of losing her authority on her kids. Plus, she's prone to mood swings.

You've got Shen, the 18-year old girl who thinks she's all grown up.

You've got HungFist, the crazy little finnish boy with a japanese teenagers fetish.

You've got Bisc and Kurgan, the nice quiet indian boys.

You've got LD, the ass-kicking muslim.

You've got Eva and Romero, the foul-mouthed trolls (I guess they're in the sitcom for comic relief).

You've got Toge, the annoying toddler who craps everywhere whenever he's awake. Thankfully, he's only a guest star and appears only in one or two episodes per season.

You've got Grim "I'm sorry" Tales, the friendly neighbour who spends most of his time apologizing to everyone.

Sometimes there's a guest appearance by 68Monkey, the american grandma. Sweet old lady. Is attracted to slim cantonese-speaking stuntmen called Yuen for some reason.

And let's not forget Master Mordib. He comes on from time to time to give some zen advice to Tom and Brad, and then vanishes into thin air.


We should make a TV show out of this:
"Meet the Bulleteers".

We'd make a fortune. :lol:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Nice 'dad' you are, Tom... leaving ME out like that... :?

You french loaf! :evil: :P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:
You've got Grim "I'm sorry" Tales, the friendly neighbour who spends most of his time apologizing to everyone.
You forgot he's the near-sighted one who's catch-phrase would be:'Is that Bruce?

:D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

There's no room for dutchies in my sitcom. :D
I can give you a recurring role as a mailman or a garbage man, if you want (you won't have any lines, though).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

tom2681 wrote:You've got Bisc and Kurgan, the nice quiet indian boys.
Nice? Quiet? Indian? You're only partly right. You bastard.

:D
Image
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

This forum certainly has the strangest users.
Post Reply