Asian Movies in HD!
-
DangerousLeeHandsome
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
- Location: California, US
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Blu-ray.com posted the cover art.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
That looks awful 
-
DangerousLeeHandsome
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
- Location: California, US
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
It looks hilarious! Dion Lam front and center while Tony Leung and Andy Lau are nowhere to be seen. I truly believe whoever is responsible for that artwork has no idea who the main actors are! Reminds me of when I watched my Time and Tide DVD and clicked on Nicholas Tse's filmography but Wu Bai's picture appeared instead. LOL!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
It looks all right to me, inaccurate maybe but it's a hell of a lot better than that Tartan Infernal Affairs 2 cover, remember that one? It's a shame a box set isn't coming too, not yet anyway. They're the sort of films I'd only want a box set for.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Have the following ever had a HD-DVD or BD release? And one with English subs too? -
Shiri: Still one of my fave action films
My Sassy Girl: I still cannot believe this never got a Western release, it was so popular. It even got a US remake.
Il Mare
Musa: The Warrior
Bichunmoo
Thanks
Shiri: Still one of my fave action films
My Sassy Girl: I still cannot believe this never got a Western release, it was so popular. It even got a US remake.
Il Mare
Musa: The Warrior
Bichunmoo
Thanks
-
Ricochan38
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 461
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 09:43
- Location: L'dam - The Netherlands
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
bradavon wrote:Have the following ever had a HD-DVD or BD release? And one with English subs too? -
Shiri: Still one of my fave action films
My Sassy Girl: I still cannot believe this never got a Western release, it was so popular. It even got a US remake.
Il Mare
Musa: The Warrior
Bichunmoo
Thanks
I would love to see all of those on Bluray (region2 or free)
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Hey Rico!
How are things?
How are things?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I forgot I'd asked that. I guess no?
.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
I think Bichunmoo has one but its not English friendly 
http://www.asianblurayguide.com/detail/ ... a_germany/
http://www.asianblurayguide.com/detail/ ... a_germany/
-
Ricochan38
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 461
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 09:43
- Location: L'dam - The Netherlands
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
grim_tales wrote:Hey Rico!
How are things?
pretty good thx
there are a lot of blurays that i want to buy but they are not region 2 of free
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Well spotted thanks. It's a start at least.grim_tales wrote:I think Bichunmoo has one but its not English friendly- http://www.asianblurayguide.com/detail/ ... a_germany/
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
working class blu-ray fan
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Stupid to force buyers to choose between a barebones dir's cut (dubious given that the additional material was shot AFTER the film's initial release) or a full load edition that includes the diabolical BR2. I'll stick with the Arrow edition which has all you really need.
And the ABE cover art is shite.
And the ABE cover art is shite.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Yeah I've got the ltd edition Arrow BD so unless the PQ is significantly better I'm not interested.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
The UK one is definitely better. There's no way I want BR2 but I do want both BR cuts. I like them both. Didn't BR2 Extended Cut come out after the original director had died? So hardly a Director's Cut.
I'm not interested in buying it again. The UK BD looks fine and oddly despite the fact I've got the regular edition, it still came with all the LE stuff. Just in a normal keep-case plus slip-case.
I'm not interested in buying it again. The UK BD looks fine and oddly despite the fact I've got the regular edition, it still came with all the LE stuff. Just in a normal keep-case plus slip-case.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Yeah, I'm not interested in foldout posters and comic books.bradavon wrote:The UK BD looks fine and oddly despite the fact I've got the regular edition, it still came with all the LE stuff. Just in a normal keep-case plus slip-case.
Just give me the discs in a regular plastic BD case, thanks.
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11930
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
BR2 Theatrical Cut came out after the original director had died...bradavon wrote:Didn't BR2 Extended Cut come out after the original director had died?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Oops. Thanks but that was supposed to read:
"Didn't BR Extended Cut come out after the original director had died? So hardly a Director's Cut."
"Didn't BR Extended Cut come out after the original director had died? So hardly a Director's Cut."
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11930
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
No.bradavon wrote:Oops. Thanks but that was supposed to read:
"Didn't BR Extended Cut come out after the original director had died?"
The director's cut relly was created by the director. Fukasaku (Kinji) was displeased with the film's R-15 rating. He filed an official complaint, but could not get the desired PG-12 rating.
The whole idea behind the director's cut was to create a pg-12 version of the film. Of course, Toei had nothing against it, since it would give them an excuse to re-release the film in theaters (just 5 months after the original version had opened).
I believe Fukasaku eventually changed his mind about the pg-12, though... he drew back the original complaint. The director's cut was also released with R-15 rating... although he still seemed to hold a bit of grudge as you can see in the title screen sequence with the newly added R-15 logo...
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Looks like the 'Shogun Assassin' box set being released on BD in the US by Animego is NOT the original 6-film Lone Wolf & Cub series, but English dubbed re-edits. Not my cup of tea, but I figured some of you might be interested in saving your cash.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
Thanks Mark 
'Shogun Assassin' are the re-edited movies anyway though, so that wouldnt surprise me. Perhaps the originals are on the horizon somewhere.
'Shogun Assassin' are the re-edited movies anyway though, so that wouldnt surprise me. Perhaps the originals are on the horizon somewhere.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: Asian Movies in HD!
working class blu-ray fan
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11930
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
