The Amazon Bargains Thread!
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
WOW! For once I actually managed to get in there and bag an Amazon bargain. I've missed out on so many by even delaying by an hour.
Grim: You don't have a BD Player or HDTV and I didn't think you could remotely afford either? I wouldn't even be looking until you were serious about buying one at some point.
Grim: You don't have a BD Player or HDTV and I didn't think you could remotely afford either? I wouldn't even be looking until you were serious about buying one at some point.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
and so I paid for 2 discs, of two amazing films with amazing sound and picture, only uncut versions avialble in 2 countries in the entire world, both not cheap. No other way to get them at all unless you paid plenty.bradavon wrote:Coming from the man who pays a fortune for Japanese BDs, you're saying £9.97 isn't cheap?.
Unlike the ones listed as bargains from amazon, which will ALL be in every country cheap as chips months after release.
£9.97 is NOT cheap at all. I get loads of brand new films on Blu Ray for way less than that, these will be in the 3 for 2 offers and able to get em for £6 easy in a while.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
why don't you post these fantastic deals you get then?,romerojpg wrote:
£9.97 is NOT cheap at all. I get loads of brand new films on Blu Ray for way less than that
the 3 for 2 at Amazon has turned to shit lately.i can rarely find 3 i want anyway. and the deal was £9.69 not £9.97romerojpg wrote: these will be in the 3 for 2 offers and able to get em for £6 easy in a while.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Both Transporters will be far less than you paid when the UK/USA BDs come ha haromerojpg wrote:and so I paid for 2 discs, of two amazing films with amazing sound and picture, only uncut versions avialble in 2 countries in the entire world, both not cheap. No other way to get them at all unless you paid plenty.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Get your eyes tested Yi 
I honestly cannot post everything I see on here, I raley post any bargains anywhere anymore.
Just this week I have got over 10 Blus from many different places forums and new off stores, none cost very much, well one cost a tiny bit over £10 Death Race, but many were between £4.50 and £7
Some of them pretty damned new releases too from only a few weeks ago like Redbelt (amazon 3for2 £6.50), Lakeview Terrace (amazon 3for2 £6.50), The Good Bad and The Wierd (HMV £7.59) , and some older ones but cheap like Run Fatboy Run for under a fiver.
I am not saying all titles come down to what we want (cheap) but hey so far pretty much everything I have wanted I have found under a tenner, or even way below
I just look a lot on a load of places.
I get tonnes from forums buying and trading etc.. and quickly canned mistakes, and plenty of other bargain posts on forums I am sure you will see as you frequent some forums I dosaltysam wrote:why don't you post these fantastic deals you get then?,romerojpg wrote:
£9.97 is NOT cheap at all. I get loads of brand new films on Blu Ray for way less than thatthe 3 for 2 at Amazon has turned to shit lately.i can rarely find 3 i want anyway. and the deal was £9.69 not £9.97romerojpg wrote: these will be in the 3 for 2 offers and able to get em for £6 easy in a while.
Just this week I have got over 10 Blus from many different places forums and new off stores, none cost very much, well one cost a tiny bit over £10 Death Race, but many were between £4.50 and £7
Some of them pretty damned new releases too from only a few weeks ago like Redbelt (amazon 3for2 £6.50), Lakeview Terrace (amazon 3for2 £6.50), The Good Bad and The Wierd (HMV £7.59) , and some older ones but cheap like Run Fatboy Run for under a fiver.
I am not saying all titles come down to what we want (cheap) but hey so far pretty much everything I have wanted I have found under a tenner, or even way below
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Sweet! I've gone and bought the DVD box set since, cheap on eBay. I'm tempted but given the fucked up Part 1 I'll pass.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Amazon 3 for 2 on BD'S has ended for now apparently.Romero must be devastated 
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
It has disapeared many times, it has always come back
hopefully with tonnes of new titles (not too many I want mind you, I am buying too many as it is
).
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Aren't they the same old titles again and again though?
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Nope, even brand new titles pop up, and even pre order onesbradavon wrote:Aren't they the same old titles again and again though?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Not for awhile. What with holidays and socialising I've significantly reduced my DVD/BD buying. I cannot find the time any more. For the most part it's BDs I "must have".
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I'd sell your collection thenbradavon wrote:Not for awhile. What with holidays and socialising I've significantly reduced my DVD/BD buying. I cannot find the time any more. For the most part it's BDs I "must have".
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Sell? Brad Shudders! Just because it's not growing much at moment it doesn't mean it cannot stay the same size. I've not had much time for years but it's got seriously less over the past 6 months. I've always had loads of unwatched films but it's not really growing so it's fine.
Besides to tell this many DVDs/BDs would take so flipping long.
Besides to tell this many DVDs/BDs would take so flipping long.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
You sound to me you should be an occasional renter rather than buyer of discs Brad
To be honest i've tried to reduce mine but it's still near 900. i also struggle with time though i do watch 4-5 on average a week.my struggle is with tv shows,for example i have all 4 seasons of The Sweeney,had them years and still they lay unwatched 
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I've watched the first 3 episodes of 24: S1 about 6-8 months ago, still not managed the rest. 4-5 a week, with kids is impressive. 900 DVDs/BDs is nuts. I had about 650, it's now 480 but for the most it's now 1 in, 1 out. So thankfully has barely grown in over a year.
I still have "lots" of "good" instead of "great" films. I'll probably have a third go this year to whittle it down further.
I still have "lots" of "good" instead of "great" films. I'll probably have a third go this year to whittle it down further.