Do we need a new Mod?

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Haha, my dad was a mod too and said him and his mates used to fight the rockers. I find it all very amusing.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Me too. I don't think he fought anyone, maybe verbally.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:Okay, people. Shingster is now your new master.
Take good care of him for me. :D
That's Tom-code for;'kill him!', right!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Okay, I've just tried to fire myself but it (predictably) didn't work. :D
Shing, you'll have to go to Admin Panel > User Admin > Permissions, switch me from "admin" to "user" and hit "submit".
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I think you also need to remove Tom from the various Admin/Mod groups too.

It would make sense for Tom to retain Mod powers, for when Shingster is away or something goes wrong. We all know how hard it is to get hold of Mordib.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

So you definitely don't want to retain any Mod powers at all then Tom?
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

No. Please fire me.
If you want a backup mod, you'll have to find someone else.

I just want to be a simple peasant like the others. :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

tom2681 wrote: I just want to be a simple peasant like the others. :D
Yup you will be living on the streets beggiong for HD discs from passers by soon :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I presume someone has told Mordib Shingster is now THE mod? Just for his info.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

I followed Tom's instructions, so he should be just a normal BnB member now. The end of an era! :D
Last edited by Shingster on 07 Jan 2009, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Another era :D.