A trip down Memory Lane - BBC computer games site!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

A trip down Memory Lane - BBC computer games site!

Post by grim_tales »

I was surprised just how much I remembered when I found this :D The BBC had some classic games, I had a Master Series one but it died when the disk drive broke some years ago.

I'm not sure how the emulators work or if they work with Win XP...??? (If I'm not supposed to discuss this, I apologise). :)

I remember the er, "educational" programs too (I bet EVERYONE who was at primary school during the period '83-92 played "Granny's Garden" or "The Lost Frog"). I did! :D (was there from '87-'93).
:D

[url=http://www.beebgames.com/]Clicky Here!!!! The BBC Games archive[/url]

PS Where is everyone? Its REALLY quiet here.. :whistle::wacko:

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by grim_tales]
jimmyscab
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 227
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 14:22

Post by jimmyscab »

I had an Acorn Electron, which is a cut down version of the BBC.

Only game i remmeber is Rocket Ranger and remmeebr never being able to beat the 5th and final level.

Wish i had Elite, but was probably too advanced for me at the time.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I remember the classic Chuckie Egg :D I have a PC version of that somewhere.
And the Repton games... they were awesome.
jimmyscab
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 227
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 14:22

Post by jimmyscab »

ah chuckie egg was great, didnt play it back in the day but i did when i got into emulation. Such imagination in those days, Jet Set Willy is still the most surreal gaming experinece for me. Although i cant play it, too damn hard !
biguy

Post by biguy »

Yeah I love these game emulators/

Jet Set Willy, chuckie egg, teh Wallys, rambo/vcommando/detah wish3 ........./the list goes on....