Locking threads...
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Locking threads...
Uhm... why in the name of God do threads get locked so quickly these days. I mean come on... if anybody feels he/she wants to add something to the thread, it won't ever happen as the thread is locked, only because a few people are fed up with the thread. If they are fed up with it, don't bother coming back. Where is the fredom of speech that is preached so much in the West?

-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
IMO some topics deserve to be locked when everything that needs to be said HAS been said.
That's why I asked if I could lock this particular topic.
HOWEVER: I did NOT lock that topic myself. I was waiting for your answer (LD).
I'm going to re-open it now so you can do it.
That's why I asked if I could lock this particular topic.
HOWEVER: I did NOT lock that topic myself. I was waiting for your answer (LD).
I'm going to re-open it now so you can do it.
Ask Toge.Where is the fredom of speech that is preached so much in the West?
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
How can anybody judge that there is nothing more to add, unless it was a mathematical equation like 2 + 2 = 4tom2681 wrote:IMO some topics deserve to be locked when everything that needs to be said HAS been said.
And only one member (KoreanStarF*cker) replied with yes. It got locked before anybody else could have replied.That's why I asked if I could lock this particular topic.
I would never have thought that forum moderation on Bullets would become such a pain.
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Don't worry, I'm not a nazi.
Neither is Brad.
Toge is an 18 year old kid so you can't blame him for acting too quickly, can you ?
I hope we can all forget this little incident and get on with our virtual lives.
Neither is Brad.
Toge is an 18 year old kid so you can't blame him for acting too quickly, can you ?
I hope we can all forget this little incident and get on with our virtual lives.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
In my humble opinion:How can anybody judge that there is nothing more to add, unless it was a mathematical equation like 2 + 2 = 4
If the thread is about a problem, and a solution to the problem is reached... then there's nothing more to add.
Better to lock it so nobody can add oil to the fire, period.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
Godzooki
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39
What a div u are LD!thelostdragon wrote:How can anybody judge that there is nothing more to add, unless it was a mathematical equation like 2 + 2 = 4tom2681 wrote:IMO some topics deserve to be locked when everything that needs to be said HAS been said.
And only one member (KoreanStarF*cker) replied with yes. It got locked before anybody else could have replied.That's why I asked if I could lock this particular topic.
I would never have thought that forum moderation on Bullets would become such a pain.
Reason i thought it should be locked as its a big fucking eye sore on an otherwise top message board and the sooner it is locked, the sooner it can dissapear and be forgotten about.
Not exactly great advertising to any prospective posters thinking about joining in on the chat is it?
Why are so many posters(2) on self destruct mode, MarkGway aka BnB saviour, if it was not for him the board would have died ages ago! & Lost Dragon, pull your head out of your arse sunshine. Shower of cunts!
Last edited by Godzooki on 27 Aug 2006, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
First of all, what is a div?
Number 2: I don't doubt that you had your reasons for thinking that this thread should be closed. I don't have to tell you that you are entitled to your opinion. I didn't have a go at you, but at the mod who locked the thread solely with the agreement of one member.
Number 3: KSF, your provocative post, with the bad words and even your cussing username, are a great contribution to the advertisement of this "otherwise top message board". Sorry, but it has been top until all this new moderating crap has started. Everybody got along fine in one way or the other.
It is also sad that the first thing you have to tell me upon your return, Tiger, is a casual:
And now go ahead mods and ban me.
& Tiger, I hope you enjoy your new stay at the glorious BnB!
Number 2: I don't doubt that you had your reasons for thinking that this thread should be closed. I don't have to tell you that you are entitled to your opinion. I didn't have a go at you, but at the mod who locked the thread solely with the agreement of one member.
Number 3: KSF, your provocative post, with the bad words and even your cussing username, are a great contribution to the advertisement of this "otherwise top message board". Sorry, but it has been top until all this new moderating crap has started. Everybody got along fine in one way or the other.
It is also sad that the first thing you have to tell me upon your return, Tiger, is a casual:
Well, you know what! Fuck you!& Lost Dragon, pull your head out of your arse sunshine. Shower of cunts!
And now go ahead mods and ban me.
& Tiger, I hope you enjoy your new stay at the glorious BnB!
-
Godzooki
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39
LD, nobody is getting banned, least of all you. A thread was locked and you felt the need to open another thread with nothing constructive to add citing some great injustice to yourself. PM anyone?
Looking at your OP I thought you were commenting on the whole moderation team and criticising what you feel has been the premature locking of some threads. Its obvious to even the seasoned village idiot (myself included) why Tom put the question out and its equally as obvious there would be overwhelming agreement in closing it. (even if I was the only person to post so before Toge performed his moderating duties and closed it)
To my knowledge Moderators do not have to ask permission to close threads (not now and not even back in the glory days…when I also had a brief stint as a mod before banning that cunt called Gil or whatever he called himself) and you should be thankful Tom even put the question out there.
I think you’re a cheeky fucker, and I don’t think you had a problem with any individual but rather just wanted to bump your gums and further exercise your bad breath and act the rebel (without a cause).
As for my previous post, yeah my profane language was probobly not the best approach to the situation and likewise I agree referring to those who in my opinion have been acting up in the whole 5 days I’ve spent on the boards since re-joining were “a shower of cunts” was poor judgement on my behalf. I also agree I am probably more guilty in this situation than anyone in possibly not giving the best impression to potential posters however I have seen the error of my ways and offer an apology to both yourself and Donnie….oops I mean Mark for referring to you as Cunts. You are not Cunts at all.
You are however in my opinion, a cheeky fucker. Mark is Mark as he always has been, i expect no less and no more and i do happen to share the opinion that he is, was and will always be the savior of Bnb.
As for my username, how is it offensive or inapropriate? I happen to Fuck Korean stars and have the pictures and signed stuff to prove it. What do you suggest i change it to? Tigercage? That guys a Cunt!
Looking at your OP I thought you were commenting on the whole moderation team and criticising what you feel has been the premature locking of some threads. Its obvious to even the seasoned village idiot (myself included) why Tom put the question out and its equally as obvious there would be overwhelming agreement in closing it. (even if I was the only person to post so before Toge performed his moderating duties and closed it)
To my knowledge Moderators do not have to ask permission to close threads (not now and not even back in the glory days…when I also had a brief stint as a mod before banning that cunt called Gil or whatever he called himself) and you should be thankful Tom even put the question out there.
I think you’re a cheeky fucker, and I don’t think you had a problem with any individual but rather just wanted to bump your gums and further exercise your bad breath and act the rebel (without a cause).
As for my previous post, yeah my profane language was probobly not the best approach to the situation and likewise I agree referring to those who in my opinion have been acting up in the whole 5 days I’ve spent on the boards since re-joining were “a shower of cunts” was poor judgement on my behalf. I also agree I am probably more guilty in this situation than anyone in possibly not giving the best impression to potential posters however I have seen the error of my ways and offer an apology to both yourself and Donnie….oops I mean Mark for referring to you as Cunts. You are not Cunts at all.
You are however in my opinion, a cheeky fucker. Mark is Mark as he always has been, i expect no less and no more and i do happen to share the opinion that he is, was and will always be the savior of Bnb.
As for my username, how is it offensive or inapropriate? I happen to Fuck Korean stars and have the pictures and signed stuff to prove it. What do you suggest i change it to? Tigercage? That guys a Cunt!
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Sorry, my ego is just not small enough to need to do this at an online forum, least of all at BnB. Ask anybody here, I am not known as someone who "bumps his gums and exercises his bad breath and acts the rebel".Korean Star f*cker! wrote:I don’t think you had a problem with any individual but rather just wanted to bump your gums and further exercise your bad breath and act the rebel (without a cause).
LOL!
As for being cheeky... do you know what cheeky is? Calling someone cheeky without even knowing him. I never said you are this or that. I just rest my case when I said, "Fuck you!"
An apology not meant as one isn't one. Otherwise you wouldn't call me a "cheeky fucker". So in that respect you can take your apology and shove it up your ass.I have seen the error of my ways and offer an apology to both yourself and Donnie….oops I mean Mark for referring to you as Cunts. You are not Cunts at all.
You are however in my opinion, a cheeky fucker.
-
Godzooki
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39
You are so a cheeky fucker and you know it, as does everyone else, google it, its on there too!thelostdragon wrote:Sorry, my ego is just not small enough to need to do this at an online forum, least of all at BnB. Ask anybody here, I am not known as someone who "bumps his gums and exercises his bad breath and acts the rebel".Korean Star f*cker! wrote:I don’t think you had a problem with any individual but rather just wanted to bump your gums and further exercise your bad breath and act the rebel (without a cause).
LOL!
As for being cheeky... do you know what cheeky is? Calling someone cheeky without even knowing him. I never said you are this or that. I just rest my case when I said, "Fuck you!"
An apology not meant as one isn't one. Otherwise you wouldn't call me a "cheeky fucker". I don't know about Mark, but in regards to me you can take your apology ass.I have seen the error of my ways and offer an apology to both yourself and Donnie….oops I mean Mark for referring to you as Cunts. You are not Cunts at all.
You are however in my opinion, a cheeky fucker.
Infact your one of the worst kind of cheeky fuckers out there, the jumped up kind with the big ego (although i must add you have too big an ego to squabble online with a drunken scotsman)
Jumped up big ego cheeky fuckers are the worst kind, horrible fuckers they are. Look it up, Google it , its on there too!
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Gawd I love my job ! 
1. LD: Sorry about the "closing thread" issue. Once again, it was Toge. It had nothing to do with the "new mod team". As soon as the guy will go back to school, things will calm down (it's the same every year).
2. Tigger:
That was unnecessary. But then, you apologized for it in your own way.Lost Dragon, pull your head out of your arse sunshine. Shower of cunts!
3. LD:
Since the incident was started by Tigger, I won't ban you.Well, you know what! Fuck you!
And now go ahead mods and ban me.
You're just responding to a verbal aggression.
You chose the wrong solution, though. I will now close this thread to stop this flame war.
Start another thread about this and I WILL ban you. Enough is enough.
4. Tigger:
I'm a mod, you aren't. Who gets banned is up to me (and Toge, apparently).LD, nobody is getting banned, least of all you.
I HOPE I DON'T NEED TO REMIND YOU ALL THAT INSULTING MEMBERS IS AGAINST THE RULES.
Tigger: stop calling people "cunts" and "cheeky fuckers".
LD: stop saying "fuck you".
Mark: don't call Toge a "little prick".
The next insult I hear will result in an immediate ban.
I'm closing this topic and letting it sink. What if normal people were to read this thread ? Jeez !
EDIT: Some insults have been put in spoiler tags. While I have no problems with the use of these words, their use on other members cannot be tolerated. I hope you all understand.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
st of all, thanks for unlocking this thread again on my request, Tom. Saves me from opening a whole new one on the subject, and saves you from closing that one as well...
OK... this has gone way too far and has become completely] fucking ridiculous
Brad, generally regarded as the anally retentive one when it comes to modding, has left, and what the fuck do we all do? We somehow have a mod-war, where suddenly saying fuck you against a fellow member in the heat of a discussion can get you banned? Not too mention a mod (Tom) coming in and CENSORING all the foul language with spoilertags!?!?
Are you guys fucking nuts?
Listen, I've had 'fuck you's', 'you idiot/moron/dickhead/whatever' thrown at my head on this board and others many many times. So fucking what!? If it's in an ongoing discussion I dont give 2 shits about it, TBH.
Now the mods are playing the 'what if a new member comes here and sees us swearing at eachother' bit...
So what? So what if potentially new members see us having honest discussion and occasionally swearing and insulting eachother? They're grown-ups (most likely) as well... I'm sure they've been in discussions before.
Pretty much always after a heated debate here on BNB, we all come out OK.
If I were a new guy browsing these boards and I saw a; mods censoring swearwords with the spoilertags, b; closing threads, c: threatening to ban lifelong members for insulting eachother, etc etc... I'd keep right on browsing and sure as hell wouldnt stop here.
The problem with this new rule, where you suddenly cant insult anyone anymore, is where will you guys put the line. Can I still make jokes about Mark being a fat hairy scottsman? Can I still make sexist remarks about/to Bobbi? Can I still make jokes about Toge's mom?
Listen. You guys have gone mad. (mods)
You are wayyyy to triggerhappy it seems and while I have absoultely no doubts you guys mean very well (Tom I've always liked, and Toge at times seems triggerhappy but when some members complain about one of his decisions he's very open and honest and asks how he could do it better in the future, and that has REALLY impressed me, as honestly, not many mods take that kinda attitude)
So this is absolutely nothing personal against either Tom or Toge.
But come on guys. We'veall been having heated debates here for YEARSSssss. Even before this new forum came about, we were having them on the old BNB. And we've all used swear-words from time to time in heated discussions. We've all felt insulted at certain times. Do I want other people being banned cause I feel insulted!? Hell no. I'll just a; keep the discussion going with counter-arguments, and b; insult them right back and we'd be even.
To have that freedom is what makes BNB special. I NEEDDDDDDdddddddddddddd to be able to insult Mark and sexually harrass Bobbi.
What do you guys THINK I come here for? Discussions about movies and games and politics!? Ha(!)

Seriously, loosen up. No more ban-threatening, no more 'spoiling' bad words, and all chill out, OK!?
It's all way o.t.t. t.b.h. As I've said on this topic often before: We all know eachother for so long now, so keep it loose.
And Tom... don't make me fucking ban you! I'll do it! Dont think I wont just cause I dont have the power or whatever...!
Anyway, lets keep this one open for a little while so others can have their say...
OK... this has gone way too far and has become completely] fucking ridiculous
Brad, generally regarded as the anally retentive one when it comes to modding, has left, and what the fuck do we all do? We somehow have a mod-war, where suddenly saying fuck you against a fellow member in the heat of a discussion can get you banned? Not too mention a mod (Tom) coming in and CENSORING all the foul language with spoilertags!?!?
Are you guys fucking nuts?
Listen, I've had 'fuck you's', 'you idiot/moron/dickhead/whatever' thrown at my head on this board and others many many times. So fucking what!? If it's in an ongoing discussion I dont give 2 shits about it, TBH.
Now the mods are playing the 'what if a new member comes here and sees us swearing at eachother' bit...
So what? So what if potentially new members see us having honest discussion and occasionally swearing and insulting eachother? They're grown-ups (most likely) as well... I'm sure they've been in discussions before.
Pretty much always after a heated debate here on BNB, we all come out OK.
If I were a new guy browsing these boards and I saw a; mods censoring swearwords with the spoilertags, b; closing threads, c: threatening to ban lifelong members for insulting eachother, etc etc... I'd keep right on browsing and sure as hell wouldnt stop here.
The problem with this new rule, where you suddenly cant insult anyone anymore, is where will you guys put the line. Can I still make jokes about Mark being a fat hairy scottsman? Can I still make sexist remarks about/to Bobbi? Can I still make jokes about Toge's mom?
Listen. You guys have gone mad. (mods)
You are wayyyy to triggerhappy it seems and while I have absoultely no doubts you guys mean very well (Tom I've always liked, and Toge at times seems triggerhappy but when some members complain about one of his decisions he's very open and honest and asks how he could do it better in the future, and that has REALLY impressed me, as honestly, not many mods take that kinda attitude)
So this is absolutely nothing personal against either Tom or Toge.
But come on guys. We'veall been having heated debates here for YEARSSssss. Even before this new forum came about, we were having them on the old BNB. And we've all used swear-words from time to time in heated discussions. We've all felt insulted at certain times. Do I want other people being banned cause I feel insulted!? Hell no. I'll just a; keep the discussion going with counter-arguments, and b; insult them right back and we'd be even.
To have that freedom is what makes BNB special. I NEEDDDDDDdddddddddddddd to be able to insult Mark and sexually harrass Bobbi.
Seriously, loosen up. No more ban-threatening, no more 'spoiling' bad words, and all chill out, OK!?
It's all way o.t.t. t.b.h. As I've said on this topic often before: We all know eachother for so long now, so keep it loose.
And Tom... don't make me fucking ban you! I'll do it! Dont think I wont just cause I dont have the power or whatever...!
Anyway, lets keep this one open for a little while so others can have their say...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
That's a mistake on my part, yes.Not too mention a mod (Tom) coming in and CENSORING all the foul language with spoilertags!?!?
I kind of lost control of the incident a few hours ago.
Don't bother. As soon as Brad gets back, I'll be gone.And Tom... don't make me fucking ban you! I'll do it!
Until then, I'll try to calm things down.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
It's Ok Tom. I feel you'd make a good mod, however you should be a bit more relaxed. It's nice to play with all the new buttons and all, and as soon as a person gets a bit more responsibilty, the person is eager to make sure everything goes OK. I see it in school alot when someone becomes leader of a group for an assignment, and suddenly that person is constantly on the other's groupmembers' neck about everything.
I know you pretty much have the same ideas about modding as I do, so I dont really understand why you make certain decisions at the moment while you could just led them slide.
I thought you did VERY well when instead of just taking off Keung's sig, you simply changed the size for him. So that was admirable, and made me change my size of my sig as well.. (instead of when I saw Brad's commando to do so...)
So I think you should hang in there, but just relax, man. Just remove spamming idiots, and people who insult just for the sake of insulting (who we havent really got here yet) and racism and illegal stuff. And you know that you wont have a lot to do as a mod, but hey... so be it.
We are all taking away our own freedoms here on this board, while there just hasnt been any good reason to do so. That just seems silly and stupid.
I know you pretty much have the same ideas about modding as I do, so I dont really understand why you make certain decisions at the moment while you could just led them slide.
I thought you did VERY well when instead of just taking off Keung's sig, you simply changed the size for him. So that was admirable, and made me change my size of my sig as well.. (instead of when I saw Brad's commando to do so...)
So I think you should hang in there, but just relax, man. Just remove spamming idiots, and people who insult just for the sake of insulting (who we havent really got here yet) and racism and illegal stuff. And you know that you wont have a lot to do as a mod, but hey... so be it.
We are all taking away our own freedoms here on this board, while there just hasnt been any good reason to do so. That just seems silly and stupid.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
One word: PM.I dont really understand why you make certain decisions at the moment while you could just led them slide.
Some people keep complaining to me via PM, so I keep trying to make things right.
I want to let things slide, they don't.
No way out.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".



