What MP3 player do you guys have?
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
What MP3 player do you guys have?
I have a Creative Zen Vision:M and I absolutely adore it...
I know Brad has an X5, how about the rest of you?
I know Brad has an X5, how about the rest of you?
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
degeneration
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1474
- Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
- Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)
-
gojensen
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 603
- Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
- Location: Norway
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: What MP3 player do you guys have?
I did or to be precise and X5L 30Gb but ultimately it was too big and heavy despite otherwise being great. The lack of an ID3 Database (found on 90% of other MP3 Players) was a big con too.Toge wrote:I know Brad has an X5, how about the rest of you?
I didn't miss it when I had it (just folder support) but now my H10 has it I couldn't go back. Iaudio have finally realised this and added an ID3 DB to their current MP3 Players.
I never saw the X5 in person so can't say if it was happily smaller and much lighter.
I now have a iRiver H10 6Gb. It's so much smaller and has a wicked interface (as good as Ipods). 6Gb is about right for me as I'm using 64Kbps WMA. It's UMS support and Direct MP3 Encoding (both of which the X5 has) are a major plus and it's built in FM Radio too.
It can't play videos like the X5 but frankly on such a small screen (the X5 too) I'm not bothered. Yes the Ipod Video screen is a fine size but video on an MP3 Player I found is very much a gimmick.
A PMP it is not (Portable Media Player).
I definitely want to upgrade to more space so I can go back to MP3s but am waiting for a 10-12Gb Flash based and no bigger than my H10 (about 1/3 bigger than the Nano) MP3 Player before I do.
Most are stopping around the 6Gb mark right now, except the sexy and uber tiny Nano of course but it's reliance on ITunes for me is a big con.
Yes full sized MP3 Players are lovely but for me they're simply too big. It needs to easily fit in my pocket and crucially along with my wallet and/or mobile phone.
For me only Iaudio and iRiver are worth considering. Their dedication to UMS is worth it alone. I despise MP3 Players which rely on software just to work.
I saw my mates H320 the other day and I tell you what I don't get why so many love them. Yes they're very techy but boy they're ugly fuckers.degeneration wrote:Iriver H120. 20GB.
They look like a brick on steroids. The very underrated H10 is much nicer.
Do you remember year back Deg. introducing me to the Iriver H120 over a big ass Bullets thread
thelostdragon wrote:Sansa e 270. I'm very happy with it.
Good man. I thought you were sworn to Ipod?
The Sandisk Sansa looks really nice and one I've been considering.
What size do you have?
I hear there's now an 8Gb out but with the lovely MiniSD slot this can be bumped to 10Gb.
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
It was and I was tempted. I presume it's now back to the usual price? I wonder if they'll honour the orderrs.Toge wrote:The 8GB iPod Nano was about 114 quid at amazon a while back Brad
It's well sexy and absurdly small but I decided against it as I need my UMS (+ other things but mainly that). Life is so much nicer with simple Explorer Drag and Drop, with no annoying synchronisation. All IMO.
8Gb is also to small for me to ultimately upgrade. I already have 6Gb. It needs to be at least 10Gb before I consider it.
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Re: What MP3 player do you guys have?
25cm...bradavon wrote:thelostdragon wrote:Sansa e 270. I'm very happy with it.
Good man. I thought you were sworn to Ipod?
The Sandisk Sansa looks really nice and one I've been considering.
What size do you have?
...oh... you meant disc capacity. The 270 is the 6 GB one. The others have different model names, although they look alike from the outside.
-
Shen
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1481
- Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
- Location: Leeds, UK
ALBA 512mb...
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/_Shen_
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30



