grim_tales wrote:She's looking at this one now (seems a bit expensive)
Yowser that's a complete rip off, it's a Sony not surprising.
If she really must bad mad prices for a 15" TV it's £289.99 here:
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/p ... G2000U.htm
Who btw are very good (I used them for my TV and they even called me the day before to say it was going to be shipped tomorrow) but then your Mum has a "thing" about Internet shopping doesn't she? Still if she wants to actually waste money I'm not going to stop her
It's also £279.99 at Digital Electronics but I can't vouch for them: http://www.digitechelectronics.com/model.php?ID=2522
grim_tales wrote:She wants freeview built in because the TV is going on a shelf on the wall or something, and she doesnt want to put anything else underneath it.
Fair enough. Good to see she's thinking ahead.
grim_tales wrote:Is the 20" AS TV Freeview ready?
Freeview Ready LOL that's funny. No btw that's why I included a Freeview STB too.
Both will be a Bravia, Bravia is a Sony brand.
grim_tales wrote:My mum wants "a brand she's heard of" even though we know it doesnt need to be top of the range for the kitchen

I can certainly understand that. The cheapest of the branded makes (i.e - brand means quality) is either Samsung or LG.
There is a Goodmans here (I wouldn't call it good myself but at least she'll have heard of it), it's only £20 more though:
http://www.catalogue.24studio.co.uk/pag ... &p=502&s=8
Neither Samsung or LG seem to make a Freeview LCD TV under 26". She may have to pay the £280-290 for the Sony, that size is will be of low popularity.
Personally I'd still say nearly £300 for a 15" TV is a complete rip off, get the unknown brand (normally I'd avoid them but it's a kitchen TV). You're basically buying a £30 Freeview box and £100 PC Monitor with a Scart socket for well over double the price.