Port forwarding advice
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Port forwarding advice
Is it recommended that I forward on my ADSL router the ports used for HTTP (80), FTP (20) and HTTPS (443)? Thanks.
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Re: Port forwarding advice
FTP should be on port 21EvaUnit02 wrote:Is it recommended that I forward on my ADSL router the ports used for HTTP (80), FTP (20) and HTTPS (443)? Thanks.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
One thing I would add Bradavon, when using P2P, if you don't have it, get PeerGuardian 2. This program will update with loads of ip addresses which are banned, so no company could look into your PC.bradavon wrote:Why open ports when traffic gets through anyway? I've opened ports used by P2P but do wonder if I need to.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
gojensen
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 603
- Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
- Location: Norway