Anti-spam mods

Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Anti-spam mods

Post by Lourdes »

This one looks simple and effective.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=472940
Also this - http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=383305 which seems alike.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Lourdes.

I'll let Mordib know.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, this spam shit is making Bullets a chore.

SOMEONE needs to do SOMETHING.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

It's better than it was before Xmas. Whether that's because of the new forum engine Mordib put on (hence the modifications being lost) or he got bored for 2 minutes I don't know.

Yesterday's attacks were the first since Xmas day. Alas we're not alone The Import Forum gets spam too, there's are even worse.
mdreamUK
Jackie Chan's BIG toe
Posts: 31
Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 19:09

Post by mdreamUK »

I do too, but I`ve written a code snippet in the M-Dream CMS area so I can remove a poster, all topics, ban their username, e-mail and ip at the click of a button. Makes it easier. I remove all bots whether they have posted messages or not. I just check boxes next to the usernames and they are history.

Its a pain in the arse basically, but the more I ban, I notice the less and less frequent its getting. Problem with these PHP boards is, they are too big for their own good. Too many features means more security holes. At least phpBB isn`t as bad as Invision.

I have implemented one of the above mods on my own board, so we`ll see how it goes.

:shock:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Interesting thanks Martin, it is Martin right?

That does sound like a neat mod you've added, so it zaps them with one button.
mdreamUK
Jackie Chan's BIG toe
Posts: 31
Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 19:09

Post by mdreamUK »

bradavon wrote:Interesting thanks Martin, it is Martin right?

That does sound like a neat mod you've added, so it zaps them with one button.
David. And yep, just zaps. I know PHP/MySQL, so not hard to change the code.

:)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Cool.

Sorry I could've sworn someone said Martin. I must be getting old :D