Fan-made Turrican hommage/rip-off: Hurrican

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Fan-made Turrican hommage/rip-off: Hurrican

Post by Yi-Long »

http://turrican.nemmelheim.de/

At this site you can now download a new 2d sidescrolling platform shooter, which is based on the old classic Turrican games.
Personally, I was a HUGE fan of the original 2 games for C64 and Amiga. When I first played the game on the c64 (someone had put it on side B of a floppy and I didnt even know about the game) it just totally blew me away. And the Amiga version was even better :D

Anyway, I havent played this new version yet, cause I'm at my girl's house, her computer sucks, and I dont have a joypad so I'm not even gonna bother playing it with a keyboard...

So please let me know if any of you guys have tried it, and how you liked it... :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Well, looks like Yi stayed at his girl's house. :D
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:Well, looks like Yi stayed at his girl's house. :D
Yeah, been here since wednesday and will stay here for about 3-4 more weeks, although occasionally I have to go back home (all the way across the country) cause of some hospital-appointments and stuff like that, so that's a bummer.

Also, she has the worst PC in PC history. I cant believe they havent smashed the thing to pieces yet. Crashes when you play windows media files (some intel video error or whatever), so I'll try to fix this thing a bit... but I do really miss my pc at home. I was just starting to do great with Sim City 4 :(

Anyway, back on-topic: anyone tried this yet? :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...