I've been looking at this DivX DVD player as a cheap player to playback DivX on my TV and have two things I'm unsure about:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0103508854
1. The coaxial connection is either 3.5mm or 2.5mm, what cable do I need to get to connect it to my amp which uses the normal Phono size Coaxial connection? So I can listed to DD5.1 and DTS from DVDs
2. I presume the VGA connection will give me the same quality as Component cables right?
Cheers
DivX DVD Player - What Coaxial cable do I need?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Re: DivX DVD Player - What Coaxial cable do I need?
Looks like it uses 3.5mm optical, you know the same connector used for minidisc transfers. Just get a 3.5mm optical male>toslink female adapter and utilise your existing cables.bradavon wrote:1. The coaxial connection is either 3.5mm or 2.5mm, what cable do I need to get to connect it to my amp which uses the normal Phono size Coaxial connection? So I can listed to DD5.1 and DTS from DVDs
No, it'll be better than component. FFS please don't ask for links, look it up yourself or just take my word on it for once.2. I presume the VGA connection will give me the same quality as Component cables right?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I was thinking that but it does say Coax which would mean the other type of digital cable, no? I'd prefer it was Optical as my Amp only has one coaxial but 3 optical connections.
There's no need to swear
. I'll look it up. I presumed VGA was roughly the same as component both being analogue, progressive, supporting roughly the same resolutions etc...
Anyway if it's better I'm happy. I would've been happy with RGB Scart tbh. I just didn't want crappy composite or the marginally better s-video which most DivX Players from China (so cheap) only have.
This is why apparently:
"VGA is a less/uncompressed RGB signal thats is capable of reproducing 5x the colors that component can. Not to mention you can set it to you're LCD's native resolution and it will upscale DVD's.I
The second sentence is also applicable to Component, I'm pretty sure anyway.
There's no need to swear
Anyway if it's better I'm happy. I would've been happy with RGB Scart tbh. I just didn't want crappy composite or the marginally better s-video which most DivX Players from China (so cheap) only have.
This is why apparently:
"VGA is a less/uncompressed RGB signal thats is capable of reproducing 5x the colors that component can. Not to mention you can set it to you're LCD's native resolution and it will upscale DVD's.I
The second sentence is also applicable to Component, I'm pretty sure anyway.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30