extract embed directvobsub from an .avi file - Fixed Now!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

extract embed directvobsub from an .avi file - Fixed Now!

Post by slasher13 »

As the title says, I have been searching and checked out doom9 forums, but nothing I can see. I want to extract the embedded directvobsub files from a couple of .avi files I have, Has anyone seen any utility that does this?
Last edited by slasher13 on 25 Jul 2007, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Do avi files really support embedded vobsub subs ?
I didn't know that.

Anyway, Media Player Classic's DSM converter can do the job.
Launch MPC, File -> Utils -> DSM converter.
Drag and drop your avi file in there and demux the subtitles.

That should work...
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

Oooo sweet, Many thanks for that, that extract the subtitles, and converted it to a .srt file :D.. Great

Cheers Tom.. Errr any change this could be done in a batch process? Ahh I will have a play around. Nice one Tom, I didn't know MPC had this useful function here
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

At last - found a way, use a program called AVI-Mux GUI 1.17.7. You can also drag and drop a folder which will export the avi subtitles into ssa files

Many thanks for you help Tom