DVD with access codes - how to bypass?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

DVD with access codes - how to bypass?

Post by degeneration »

I've got a dvd that has areas of it that can only be accessed if you type in a 4 number code correctly.

Is there any way of bypassing this? There must be software out there that would do it? If so what software would it be?

Cheers.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

Hi there, Couldn't you extract the dvd onto the harddrive, and use vobblank, which will fill in that particular part of the dvd as blank, thus you have bypassed it.
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

Too complicated for me!!

Was hoping there would be something that would load the dvd and just allow me to view the content without having to enter the access code.
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

Actually, thin I just solved it... simply have put it in my comp and used windows explorer to look at the video content of the dvd and just clicked on the files to play them and it works! Just can't access them through the menus.