Sim City 4: Awesome!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Sim City 4: Awesome!

Post by Yi-Long »

Hey guys...

Been playing Sim City 4 a lot lately, and I just love it. Now I went around some websites and forums etc about it, and there just seem all kinds of add-ons and stuff to download, which look absolutely awesome.

So my question is: Who here also playes this game, or wants to play this game, and should I make this into the thread to discuss our experience with it, including links and stuff... !?

BTW... my city Hong Long is doing pretty well... :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I used to whore SimCity 2000 all the time when I was younger, played it for several years. I bought 3000, but I couldn't get used to the upgrades over 2000.

The new SimCity in development looks interesting, SimCity Societies. The focus is on more smaller cities rather sprawling metropolises and they've thrown out zoning altogether. I think the plan is that their focusing more on social impact and interaction with your citizens. I dunno, they prolly think that series has gotten too complex and in accessible for grandma or one's sister who plays The Sims. Going for the Wii's audience I guess.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I loved Sim City 2000, but at a certain point I was just done with it. My city was filled to the brim with just millions of people, and I had those huge special buildings and such to house them in. I had no polution and crime I believe...

It's a long time ago, but there was just absolutely nothing left to do for me in the game. I had extremely low taxes, and everything was just great... so I just stopped playing it.

Sim City 3000 I never played, mainly cause I just dont play pc games often.

The new Sim City Societies doesnt look interesting to me at all. I like the zoning and the planning and the huge cities etc.
Maybe it will surprise me, but for now I'm just enjoying SC4 too much to already think about the next one. :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...