Japan Plans Super Hi-Vision TV For 2015

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Japan Plans Super Hi-Vision TV For 2015

Post by gasteropod »

User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

This ain't funny any longer. How will we be able to make films that people can actually enjoy? Close-ups of actors' faces will be impossible due to the visibility of the make-up etc.

WTF? I'm happy with my 4:3 TV. HD is bearable, considering that it ain't THAT bad. But I don't wanna see spots and blain on porn actresses.
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

The thing is, that kind of resolution will surely make audiences feel sick.

They should have made the high definition format the same resolution as celluloid, and uncompressed would have been nice too. I think that would be the best way to watch films.

P.S. LOL at 24gbps
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I heard about this, it's going to be called Ultra HD.

But frankly it's not worth even thinking about. We'll never see it. That picture shows Cinema x4 which we haven't even got.