Prince of Censorship: The Two Thrones

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Prince of Censorship: The Two Thrones

Post by EvaUnit02 »

It's bad enough that PC version of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones has nightmarish copy protection (the notorious Starforce), the bloody game is censored. Seems that only the US version has decapitations (all versions, regardless if for console or PC).

This is probably because of those fucking German censors again, they don't like blood so everyone else in Europe/Australasia are stuck with bastardised games (because European publishers are lazy).

Fuck Ubisoft man, I've already bought this game once and I'm not buying it again. Time to track down a US copy online.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

That's a pity. I hate when they do that.

It sounds like the Australian and Kiwi publishers are just as lazy.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Censorship is one of the most annoying things EVER, for us normal people who just want their entertainment uncut...

Just download an Xbox version of the game, man. Screw Ubi and their bullshit censorship.

I fear Ninja Gaiden 2 will also get censored :N
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Ordered a sealed US Xbox copy off of Ebay. According to this, it's region free, which it would need to be if I wanted to play it on my 360 via back compat. If it ain't, then it'll work on my modded Xbox1.